1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook branding?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by SoniaV7, Feb 5, 2012.

Do you consider the social network called Facebook is a good way of promoting yourself or your work? Do you use other marketing techniques?

SoniaV7, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  2. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It's worked pretty well for me.

Tearabite, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  3. no69_2007

no69_2007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it can work well if you use it properly.

no69_2007, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  4. sameer_max

sameer_max Active Member

Best Answers:
    Having engaging and useful content on your Facebook page is a must when you want to engage your users and want them to spend some time looking for the things you offer. Having contests, surveys, friend activity, quizzes, encouraging customers to post their queries online and faster redressal of the same are some of the techniques you can use to build sufficient number of FB fans.

sameer_max, Feb 5, 2012 IP
    Peachi likes this.
  5. Peachi

Peachi Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook is a great way to promote your business if you have the time to do it properly. Sameer-max suggests good ways to do this. I would recommend that you use other social networking sites too such as Twitter and Google Plus and try and create a buzz about your site. Look at other ways to promote yourself such as guest posting. A wide range of marketing techniques works best, but whatever you focus on, do it well.

Peachi, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  6. ScottDudley

ScottDudley Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes Facebook is one the six best low cost marketing strategies that I recommend. Post lots of valuable content to your Facebook Page and attract as many targeted people as possible to "Like" your page. Don't forget that Facebook is the second most popular website on the internet and basically everybody is on there.

ScottDudley, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  7. chrisf3421

chrisf3421 Member

Best Answers:
    Its one of the best for sure.

chrisf3421, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  8. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Whoaaa.. I think I've had too much cough syrup because this shit was wack.. No way somone actually wrote that.

Tearabite, Feb 7, 2012 IP
    fpaulego likes this.
  9. fpaulego

fpaulego Peon

Best Answers:
    Whether or not Facebook will be successful for your business or website depends on lots of factors. Obviously, you need to have a good strategy in place and a way to attract and engage your fans. But in many cases, the niche of your product / business / website will have a big impact too. For example, if you manufacture gears for automobiles, or electronics for the military, your audience will be limited and there won't be much impact from a Facebook campaign. But if you offer anything that regular consumers might be interested in (or a decent-sized targeted niche), then there's an opportunity for Facebook to provide some benefits...

fpaulego, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  10. fpaulego

fpaulego Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL! Either someone who doesn't speak English well... or an automated bot ;)

fpaulego, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  11. janeah

janeah Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that's a work of an automated bot. What's wrong with people? Can't they just left seem good conversations and forum alone? :)

janeah, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  12. janeah

janeah Peon

Best Answers:
    It does work. People are in the social media sites, hence, marketing a product there is pretty effective. But of course, it won't be that easy before reaping some good effects.

janeah, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  13. smileverse

smileverse Peon

Best Answers:
    Obviously I consider facebook for marketing/promotion purpose. With the potential of facebook we could easily make lots of conversions/leads (via sponsored ads or socially).

smileverse, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  14. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook is a place to build brand name , change your brand name , reposition your brand name , create awareness, build or increase brand loyalty , maintain brand loyalty . It mostly work on some business field in foods and entertainment and technology stuffs.

JerrickYeoh, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  15. MarissaTAVision

MarissaTAVision Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook is great for keeping in touch with past customers and gaining access to potential new clients.

MarissaTAVision, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  16. thegmc

thegmc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think a lot like a forum Facebook is a good way to interact and also post targeted content for your specific keywords.

thegmc, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  17. odlanor9

odlanor9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook has such a HUGE audience that even the smaller niches have good chances of exposure. It's a great place to build relationships and gain trust. I personally haven't had much success with FB PPC, but I really haven't tried to optimize my campaigns either. Test it out!

odlanor9, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  18. DennisKnows

DennisKnows Active Member

Best Answers:
    I watch a guy do a pretty good and thoughtful video where he created an add to not get clicks but to expose users to his face and name in his area. Got over 10,000 views while only paying about 2 bucks.

Compared it to a bill-board advertisement.. Work great for those with an offline business in the area..

DennisKnows, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  19. karthick9

karthick9 Member

Best Answers:
    of course, There is no doubt in it.. As now a days FB was used by most of the people so it makes you site to promote in a very fast manner... Along with that you may also try it in twitter, google plus to promote you site.. Most of the people use these social networking sites to promote

karthick9, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  20. gajjarcompressor

gajjarcompressor Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, facebook is good branding.

gajjarcompressor, Feb 15, 2012 IP