1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What does it mean if a domain appraiser value a domain for $1,600.

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by Bismark, Feb 5, 2012.

Hi,
    I need some suggestions from experience domain sellers.
    I recently registered a domain from goddady and I appraise the domain at valuate.com, they valued the domain at $1,600.
    what does the valuation $1,600 mean?
    How do i sell it?
    Where can i sell it?
    Do i have to do something in order to sell it?

Bismark, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It means absolutely nothing. Automated appraisals are all garbage and almost always give absurdly high valuations.

mjewel, Feb 6, 2012 IP
  3. emvy548

emvy548 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Valuate is automated but then the way I look at it, you've gotta start somewhere. Either someone experienced tells you how much a domain is worth or you learn the long, hard way ie fix a wrong value and learn. Like that you may sometimes win but rarely eg if you deem a low value domain at a high price and some fool buys it :). But most times you lose but point is you learn something. Alternatively, go through domain appraisals in the top 2-3 forums and you'll learn fast.

Sell it here or at Flippa or other forums. You can check traffic for the domain and if that one factor looks positive then you can have a good price. Also, how long is the word, how pertinent is it, is it one word or two etc etc. Go to swift appraisals dot com and put your domain name for evaluation and it'll shoot you those questions with which you can put a value to your domain. Lastly, if your domain is for an end user then he will be ready to pay a handsome price for it eg jimjackson dot com will be paid for in gold by many Jim Jacksons.

emvy548, Feb 8, 2012 IP