1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anything wrong with splitting the words of a domain in a logo design?

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by pipes, Jan 26, 2012.

I have a two word domain 4 letters for each word (8 total letters) i wont be designing it but the idea that i have for the logo might mean splitting the domain words, so "word" on top and "word" underneath it.

Do you see anything wrong with doing this or should i keep the two words together on one line?

Solved! View solution.
    pipes, Jan 26, 2012 IP
    Like this?
    [​IMG]
    I've got no problem with it. But you're not targeting me. ... well probably not anyway :)
    --
    It depends on who your target audience is, and how/where they're going to see the logo. And it depends on what you need the logo to do... is it to attract people to your site/service, or is it just something to put at the top of your site that nobody will really even look at?
    I think too much time is spent agonizing about logos. Most logos for good sites/brands are crap, and most good logos are for sites/brands that are crap.

Kerosene, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  3. Buxom_Bold

Buxom_Bold Peon

Best Answers:
    wherever i think there should be no problem with going the two words together on one line...

Buxom_Bold, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  4. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I ended up going with the two words on one line, i thought that they wouldn't fit but they did, its not a logo to attract people and is mainly a small, top of the page logo, i agree that too much time can be spent on logos and other things that can be changed later on if a site takes off, recently i have been making decisions a bit quicker, i used to obsess over tiny details, i guess that is evident still with this thread but yeah trying to get things up and working with a view to tweaking and improving later on.

pipes, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  5. skulpt

skulpt Peon

Best Answers:
    With smaller words, try and stick to one line like you did.

skulpt, Jan 29, 2012 IP
    pipes likes this.
  6. Madax

Madax Peon

Best Answers:
    really depends on how you design it, when designed post it and give us a look

Madax, Feb 4, 2012 IP
    pipes likes this.
  7. vennh

vennh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oneline is preferred.
    If the Logo design demands some artistic breakup of the words which in return reflect the right meaning of the logo can be separated into 2 words.

vennh, Feb 9, 2012 IP
    pipes likes this.
  8. Norebbo

Norebbo Active Member

Best Answers:
    It really doesn't matter. I've designed a ton of logos for my clients with a split name, and I've never heard any concerns about it.

Norebbo, Feb 18, 2012 IP
    pipes likes this.