1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Micro Niche, Niche, or Authority

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Muisings Freelance Contne, Feb 2, 2012.

Just asking experienced bloggers which they prefer. A combination? If so, do you create a certain ratio of sites to the other? Like, 50% micro niche, 35% niche and 15% authority? Does any of it reallly matter, or should you just create, test and build on ones that work? Thanks.

2. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    There is no formula. The quality of your websites, and knowledge of SEO, and SEM will dictate what works for you.
    Only time and readers will tell whether or not you have an "authority" site.

hmansfield, Feb 2, 2012 IP
    dezinerite likes this.
  3. bablu

bablu Peon

Best Answers:
    Only select the niche on that you can write unique content easily.

bablu, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  4. janeah

janeah Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree there is no exact formula on this. As a blogger, you tend to make adjustments on each component time to time based on the need.

janeah, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  5. iamtheb

iamtheb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    start with micro niche,you will see success quicker and that will motivates for your bigger projects

iamtheb, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  6. ajwalsh

ajwalsh Peon

Best Answers:
    It can be a good idea to start with a niche site and expand into an authority if you start to see some success. But it's always key to consider what type of traffic you are going for, ie. google organic search or Facebook, Twitter and G+ referrals. That can often affect the type of content you produce.

ajwalsh, Feb 4, 2012 IP
  7. GoldSEO

GoldSEO Member

Best Answers:
    microniche wasn't a good idea when it was first thought up in like 2007. It really was just a rebranding of an older idea of creating a bunch of websites that are each in reality just a page to a larger network of sites functioning as a single megasite

microniche exemplifies everything absolutely WRONG with working on the internet, and I'm so glad search engines had enough of get-rich-quick-for-the-least-amount-of-work.

The internet is becoming legitimate and people who think you can make money with a site with 3 pages targeting 2 keywords and the domain are still growing while the success of microniches is just falling faster than imaginable. If you spam the hell out of a microniche site, you'll get immediate rewards, but you better not have analytics or adsense on it because funds will be frozen and you will be banned.

Do what interests you or you will give up, because these are the days of hard-work online translating to actual results. trust me, if you pick a niche relevant to a specific love in your life, your passion and knowledge will show and you will become an authority with your unique material, and you will succeed while everyone triyng to get rich quick bails out of the game (People are STILL trying to do domainpparking to make money from the clicks...I don't even know what to say...)

GoldSEO, Feb 4, 2012 IP
    hmansfield and rorymullen like this.
  8. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm so sick of people reading old information and looking for tricks that I could vomit.
    Seems like by now enough people would realize that there are no tricks or shortcuts.

All of these so called "methods" made more from noobs by selling the method, or ad space on the blog promoting it, than any money they actually made online. By the time you heard about it, it was over.

You know what never goes out of style and is ALWAYS rewarded?
    Knowledge, hard work, good design, and good content. It will beat your tricks and methods every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

hmansfield, Feb 4, 2012 IP
  9. Muisings Freelance Contne

Muisings Freelance Contne Member

Best Answers:
    Mid-November I started a site in the Android App niche and in that time it has done ok. About $25 in adsense earnings and $5 via infolinks. I think it may have some Amazon potential eventually, as well.

I come to you all because of all the experience on IB in this matter. Here it is..What should I do next?

My thoughts are to get the site to 50 posts (currently it has 48) and then start a focused site promotional campaign via backlinking, press releases, maybe an adwords campaign. But do you think that's the right thing to do?

The other option is to keep writing posts and let the backlinks come naturally. Keep writing and promote constantly. I eventually want to start additional sites, but as we all know...time is the great muffler of success.

My question is I just don't know when a blog is at it's "peak" and don't want to put another 50 posts on only to still be making $10-$12 on the site in 3 more months. Any opinions would help.

http://androidmarketcentral.com

10. rorymullen

rorymullen Member

Best Answers:
    Think of Blogs, sites and such, as fine wine, a little work in the start will benefit you in the long run. Yes investing time seems like a waste, but trust me, creating unique and informative information pertaining to your certain niche Will Improve you potential earnings in the long run.

So relax and get prepared for your earnings to spike, fall and just mess with your head. To become a successful Internet Marketer, one needs to read between the lines of the Analytics to be able to maximize your earnings.

rorymullen, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  11. Muisings Freelance Contne

Muisings Freelance Contne Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. Makes sense.

12. zubizubi

zubizubi Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, there is no such accurate ratios for measuring this.

zubizubi, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  13. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    There is no formula. A website makes money because of it's content, design and quality of traffic. It doesn't matter if you put 50 posts or 5000 if the content is not engaging and your demographic isn't targeted correctly.

hmansfield, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  14. Seo Novice

Seo Novice Peon

Best Answers:
    Wouldn't you have to start in your niche or microniche to gain authority?

Seo Novice, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  15. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    You guys have a really screwed up view of what this whole "authority" site is and means. The term is so abstract that there is no way to place a formula on it because it doesn't have any designated meaning in relationship to search engines.

There is no certain amount of content, or pages, or links, or age.
    "Authority" sites aren't mathematically created. They are considered "authority" because they are the best at what they do, and, I don't care how many ways you try to manipulate your search rankings, you can't make other people think of your site as one that is worthy of linking to, if it's not the best.

hmansfield, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  16. ktp2012

ktp2012 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have blog with hosting and domain, you bomb them with a unique article ( fresh content ), but you can post maximum 5 article / day. or you submit a new article in directory to get backlink , or post here to get backlinks and huge traffic from PPC

ktp2012, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  17. war_machine

war_machine Active Member

Best Answers:
    Authority site is better, but you can start your authority site from the small one. For some people, its too difficult to make big site, so start from the micro site and then you can grow up your site bigger and bigger.

war_machine, May 1, 2012 IP