1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to copyright a name other than my business name

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by add13ct, Feb 4, 2012.

Hey AllI have a fully VAT registered business here in the UK, however i want to start trading a different product online on a completly different site. What legal procesdures do i have to go through to check that the name i want to use is not already copyrighted, patented or a trademark.What do i have to do to make that new name trademarked or a copyright for my company.I hope that makes sense.A

add13ct, Feb 4, 2012 IP
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Common law trademarks do not require any sort of registration, so checking for prior usage is not something that is easy. First start by using various search engines to see if someone else is already using the mark (or similar) in the same classification. If you can't find anyone, then pay for a trademark search - which still isn't a 100% guarantee, but should eliminate most possible confilicts.

mjewel, Feb 4, 2012 IP
  3. micgrez

micgrez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    law trademarks dont require any sort of registration like you mention

micgrez, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  4. add13ct

add13ct Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the information, my mind is set a ease.

add13ct, Feb 5, 2012 IP