1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

When you LAUNCH a MAJOR Startup Online, How much Money do you spend on LAUNCH?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Woodcs82, Feb 3, 2012.

When you LAUNCH a MAJOR Startup Online, How much Money do you spend on LAUNCH? What types of Marketing do you use the LAUNCH money for?

-C

:cool:

Woodcs82, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  2. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I actually don't spend that much because I do most of the work myself. I spend my money on backlinks, but I am not typically in super competitive markets. I might spend $100 out of the gate, possibly slightly more, sometimes less.

PHPGator, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  3. Woodcs82

Woodcs82 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thats usually the best way! What do you think of Google changing its SEO guidelines so often? Are you adapting easily to the new guidelines?

-C

Woodcs82, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  4. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    Not really. I've never been slapped like a lot of other people. I'm not doing anything too shady though. I know Google doesn't like the idea of buying links, but I view it as buying advertising. That's about as shady as it gets for me for the most part when it comes to sending links directly to my site. You just gotta be careful where your placing your link and stick to high quality sites.

PHPGator, Feb 3, 2012 IP
    Woodcs82 likes this.
  5. domainbeast

domainbeast Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with phpgator on both parts. If you do most of the work yourself you will not have to spend alot of money. The only people who worry about when google changes their algorithm are the people doing blackhat marketing(sometimes on some of my quick money sites). Other wise you are fine.

domainbeast, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  6. z00100

z00100 Member

Best Answers:
    Major? How major? No amount of money is enough to launch a startup. Probably the most famous startup I've witnessed recently is theverge news site. They started up from scratch and are now one of the top tech news sites.

I don't know how much they spent, but judging from the quality of HTML CSS and JS on their website, I think $500,000 would be little also.

But since we both don't have that kind of cash, I say, just spend something you can afford. In the end, the more you spend, the better. It's an investment, and you need to spend money to make money.

z00100, Feb 4, 2012 IP
  7. venturetothetop

venturetothetop Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a loaded question. It depends on how much you already know and how much you need to outsource. How much you are prepared to work and how much outside help you want to bring in and ease the load.

If you count the hours I invest in my launches and how much I value my time, then the answer is immense. It's get less and less over time as you become more experienced and your influence grows.

But, no one can accurately answer such an open question.

venturetothetop, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Same here. I usually do the work myself. The only money I spend is on hosting, software add-ons etc. Do not bother with adv. programs such as Adwords, Facebook. They can be good, but you have to have the niche that will benefit from them, otherwise you will waste a TON of money with no return.

qwikad.com, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  9. tevag

tevag Peon

Best Answers:
    Very interesting question and the answers are interesting as well. I also do everything by my own self, for the moment. But when i begun I had no much knowledge of how the industry works and I wanted to learn and get some knowledge before start spending money on tasks.
    On the other hand I am not convinced yet that the right strategy is to keep doing everything by myself or if it is better to outsource some tasks. I have no results for the moment. I will keep testing the model and I will take my decisions.

Some others people on the same industry believe that if you don't invest some money at the beginning you cannot get an income. I am not a 100% convinced with that. I would love to have your feedback!

tevag, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  10. lipe001

lipe001 Peon

Best Answers:
    I discovered that it's better to outsource errands others can do better than you. If you don't know anything about the website topic, then writing content for your website is a waste of time. If you don't know PHP, then programming will lead you nowhere. That's why I only do things I'm good at (SEO) and try to find people that do the rest for a good price. I hope my answer was helpful.

lipe001, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  11. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    I only spend around $1000 to do contest in social media. I do not use much money ...
    While what i did was spend most of the time to do backlink and create more appearance around in the internet world to make sure that my site is easy to find by others.
    And this is what i do for building my website brandname.

JerrickYeoh, Feb 9, 2012 IP