1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New ASUS notebook doesn't complete windows 7 installtion

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zillah, Jan 26, 2012.

Hi Experts

Client of mine has bought his notebook ASUS U31S with external DVD drive yesterday and he asked me to install windows 7 ultimate (origin was windows 7 home edition) beside other operating system Linux and Solaris.

I divided the 500 GB hard disk but didn't touch the hidden partition that has recovery.

I formatted the C partition that had windows 7 home edition and install a fresh copy of windows 7 ultimate,,,,,the process was smooth , first restart asking about username and computer name , password,,,etc ,,,,but with the second restart, PC kept rebooting without completing the windows installation.

Although I have used the same widnows 7 CD for his other new laptop and the installation went smooth without any problem.

I tried different media same problem.

This laptop does have an external DVD driv, of course it is an LG and brand new

What could be the cause of this issue ?

Regards

zillah, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  2. Deji

Deji Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Since you said you used the same CD to install the operating system on another computer, my guess is that the hard drive is getting bad. Remove it from it's bay and plug it to another computer using a SATA/IDE to USB cable. Check to see if you can access it from within Windows in My Computer. If you can't, then the HDD is bad. Simply tell your client to purchase another one. If however the HDD is accessible, try running some tests on it to know if it is failing. You can use chk dsk through the command line. Also run Spin Rite and HDD Regenerator on it. You can also burn a copy of UBCD4WIN on CD and use that as well to diagnose. Also check the specifications of the computer to ensure it can run Windows 7. All the best!

Deji, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  3. zillah

zillah Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi
    The issue was with the recovery hidden partition 21 GB , I backup up that partition buy using Acronis then I deleted it form the hard drive ,,,,now I have got no problem with windows 7 installation

Regards

zillah, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  4. senvizhi

senvizhi Peon

Best Answers:
    cool thats something wise to do, to backup recovery partition,
    I think am gonna do same also

thanks for the hint there ;)

senvizhi, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  5. Debustral

Debustral Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If it is a brand new notebook - you said that your client has just bought it, best would be to call the authorized service center of asus and ask them directly by phone call. Because they solve and see weekly hundrends of similar/different problems, i can assure you, they will be able to give you help / info how to fix it through the phone call without sending notebook to RMA (or through email correspondence). (my experience from huge pc shop, where i worked some years ago)

Debustral, Mar 18, 2012 IP