1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New member - please take a look at my stats, tell me where I should go next...

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by thelaphroaig, Jan 31, 2012.

Okay, first time poster, obviously. I read some of the threads here and thought this would be a great place to try to get some advice on where to go next, what to do next, etc.

Please take a look at my Google Analytics for January 2012. I've attached the picture to this post. I'm a new blogger, and I started my blog on August 22. These are my stats.

Being new, I'll not post the link to my blog or anything like that. But I'm wanting several things. First, I want more readers. I've already figured out how to grow readers, loyal and addicted readers, and that is growing pretty fast. I'm doing guest blogging on other sites, and that sort of thing.

But I want to try to start getting advertising dollars on my site at some point during 2012. I don't want to go for advertising that will junk up my site for little or no money. I have built into my site the ability to have about 4 ads in various places on my site. These will be square ads, very nice amount of space - three sprinkled through the site, and one at the very top when you hit the page.

But all that is conversation. I just want you guys and girls to check my stats, tell me if I'm doing okay with being online about 5 months now, and what I should expect in the short term and long term.

Being new, I'll apologize now if this sort of thread is trivial, stupid, placed in the wrong sub forum, or whatever.

Thank you for your time and consideration. Screen Shot 2012-01-31 at 10.20.01 PM.jpg

By the way, this thread was started on a whim just for turds and giggles. I just wanted to see if anyone would show interest. Based upon this site, I get asked to do guest write-ups on sites with over 2M page views, and many, many other bloggers are citing me as their resource.

I'm quite shocked, actually.

thelaphroaig, Jan 31, 2012 IP
  2. MyDewdrops

MyDewdrops Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey so this traffic is for 5 months... or for how much time frame, one day, one month... ??? if this is 5 months traffic... then this is pretty neat for a very new site... BUT as we webmasters and SEO are greedy people we want more and more and more... so you should not be satisfied with these numbers (sorry I am saying this) but m trying to help... target for minimum 4k visitors a day... I know its huge,,, but then if you think big u grow big and for advertising why don't you check out commission junctions and Linkshare... register there and you will be able to make good advertising revenue...

Good luck!!

MyDewdrops, Feb 1, 2012 IP
  3. thelaphroaig

thelaphroaig Peon

Best Answers:
    Dewdrops, thanks for the reply.

The stats I show above are for JANUARY 2012. 1/1/12 to near midnight 1/31/12.

Thanks!

thelaphroaig, Feb 1, 2012 IP
  4. yelax

yelax Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not post your URL? The stats look healthy. It's an active site. You should be making money with ads now.

yelax, Feb 1, 2012 IP
  5. Sherry Cass

Sherry Cass Peon

Best Answers:
    You should post the url.

Furthermore, use smaller time frame (1-2days)

Sherry Cass, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  6. thelaphroaig

thelaphroaig Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's the last three days.

Screen Shot 2012-02-02 at 9.11.44 AM.jpg

I appreciate the request to list the url, but I'm not looking for anything more than what the stats tell me. I don't want to get into the pluses and minuses of my site. Also, my site is nothing adult-related. It is news oriented for a specific niche. That's it.

I'd like to know where I should be going to get advertising started. I've put in a request for one of the brokers to contact me back - FM Media. Are there others like them? I'm sure there are.

Also, I'd like to be realistic about how much value a potential advertiser would put in my stats. To be quite honest, I'm trying to look at this very conservatively. I personally think my unique visitors stats just aren't that impressive. For a 5 month old site, perhaps. But for advertising, I personally think it is weak. Am I wrong?

Thanks again for all the comments. I really appreciate it.

thelaphroaig, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  7. DareDevils

DareDevils Active Member

Best Answers:
    What is your blog about ? Its something personal ... or you have some niches ?

DareDevils, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  8. thelaphroaig

thelaphroaig Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing personal. I Just have some niches.

thelaphroaig, Feb 3, 2012 IP