1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have $600 to invest, but just where?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by xTrYiPiCz---, Feb 2, 2012.

Well I have $600 laying around on my credit card for which I have no use for. I was mainly looking to invest the money into a new project, but I do not know what I should start.

Can you guys give me a few tips on what I should invest the money in?

xTrYiPiCz---, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  2. gotlivechat

gotlivechat Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure; what interest rate are you paying for using that $600 off the credit card?

gotlivechat, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  3. xTrYiPiCz---

xTrYiPiCz--- Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure, and I really think it is not important :p

4. gotlivechat

gotlivechat Member

Best Answers:
    ;) It's important because if you're paying 15 or 20% interest rate (carrying a cc balance), then you'll need that kind of return (on investment) just to break even (with whatever you're investing in).

gotlivechat, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  5. xTrYiPiCz---

xTrYiPiCz--- Member

Best Answers:
    Well I am not too sure about my interest rate's on my cc, but they are pretty low.

6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You don't appear to be very astute financially. I'm not sure anyone will take your money. I'd be concerned that you would suddenly need it and demand it back when it wasn't the right time for the project.

As with everything in business you need to have a business plan for the money you are borrowing from the bank (via your credit card) to ensure you make the best business decisions possible.

sarahk, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  7. xTrYiPiCz---

xTrYiPiCz--- Member

Best Answers:
    I think you didn't fully understand what my concern was.

I said I have more than $600 on my paypal account right now (I can easily withdraw it to my credit card). I didn't really want to invest into a project, I mainly wanted to invest my money into a new project, like for example a new website etc. I'm not looking to invest in others business as it's sometimes really hard to trust people, I am looking to put my money into a new project and start from that. But unfortunately I do not have many ideas for a few new websites right now, so I am stuck here.

8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You're right. Quite confused.

When you said
    I didn't think you meant

So, you want a DIY project. We need to know what skills and experience you have. A raw newbie can use up $600 easily - someone with programming skills can do it themselves for the cost of their time. If you have marketing skills then that also saves you money.

Are you looking for something that creates a job for you? Or something you can set up and only work on occassionally?

sarahk, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  9. GoldSEO

GoldSEO Member

Best Answers:
    So the thread got hijacked to attack OPs financial prowess instead of giving info to help him, nice...It shows people rather get their post count up than help people succeed. Buy some nice domains (3, why not) that you will develop immediately. Buy a few script or web templates that interest you (templatemonster, themeforest). Buy good hosting, pay for a year. Buy some articles. Buy paid links to high PR sites in your niche. Be active on forums, purchase signature links to your sites.

GoldSEO, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  10. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    sarahk has 13,000 posts, I don't think she needs to try hard to get more... no one is going to be "beating her" anytime soon in that category.

Still, I was slightly concerned too when first reading the OP. My advice to anyone getting into business is to have the money in hand before going out and borrowing. I know it takes money to make money. I'm a candidate for that to. But I believe everyone visiting these forums have natural innate skills they can provide as a service in order to generate revenue to get started. You just have to be a litte bit creative (and not even really that, just look around at what others are doing).

I also recommend that anyone getting started do as much as they can on their own assuming they feel comfortable with it. If you can provide the content, do it. If you can setup the Wordpress theme, do it. If you can find a suitable free wordpress theme and modify it slightly, do it. Generally though, I have no idea what the OP is interested in doing and can't give accurate or really specific advice. This is about as general as general marketing can get! :D

PHPGator, Feb 2, 2012 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  11. sub7

sub7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a project that needs investment. PM me.

sub7, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Ask anyone who's credit card debt has gone out of control and I bet they wish someone had suggested that paying the interest on "credit" wasn't smart. I have a friend who used to work at an electrical store and it used to break his heart when families came in on a spending spree because they had pre-approved credit. They didn't seem to connect the whimsical purchases they were making with the debt they would be repaying. I guess it was this kind of thing that gotlivechat and I were equally worried about.

Hopefully, GoldSEO, my latter post clarified the gaping holes in the initial request that prevent us giving more valuable answers.

sarahk, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  13. yelax

yelax Peon

Best Answers:
    You're in a webmaster forum asking for financial advice. So I say, invest your money in a good site that can earn you a small monthly income. Look in the sites section. You can get some pretty good sites with your budget. You can also build your own site with 600 bucks. Spend it on some content, a good logo, and buy some links. That should get you started.

yelax, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  14. neteater

neteater Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well i suggest you to do forex trading, very safe and assured returns are always there, otherwise its webmaster forum you may choose any project to invest in,or take my advice design a site in 200 bucks, buy adsense safe traffic in 100 buck in traffic forum and get your money back by advertising partner

neteater, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  15. iamtheb

iamtheb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    go and buy an adsense site that already makes money,or get a vps and start micro niche sites

iamtheb, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  16. ARJacob

ARJacob Peon

Best Answers:
    Hai,Whatever you do with your money is just fine. But think twice before taking the plunge!CheersARJacob

ARJacob, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  17. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Buy sand.

mmerlinn, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  18. xTrYiPiCz---

xTrYiPiCz--- Member

Best Answers:
    Best tip I got all day long xD

xTrYiPiCz---, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  19. xTrYiPiCz---

xTrYiPiCz--- Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the information man.

Well my skills: I have 2+ years online marketing experience, I had a few successful sites who have generated well and I was in the adult biz for some time now, but it's really hard to generate good in the adult biz. I have a lot of experience with forums (vBulletin, MyBB etc.). I have some experience with SEO and I know how to promote and get a site to stand out. Unfortunately I do not have much programming/coding knowledge, but I understand the basics.

I am mainly looking for something while school, which means I can put around 8-10 hours a day into the website/project.

xTrYiPiCz---, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  20. superduper3

superduper3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi there

I wouldnt use the full $600 maybe use $200 , i can double your money in 2 weeks to 4 weeks

100 % risk free

this would be an ongoing business plan

if you would like to know more then get in touch

superduper3, Feb 3, 2012 IP