1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you keep track of 100 + websites ?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by PulseWithLife, Jan 17, 2012.

On the basis of the 1 dollar a day (each website) theme and earning a decent living (say 200 dollars a day) do you really need 200 websites to earn a living ? how do you manage and think of ideas for all these sites, surely there are better options ? Also, does this concept apply to 100 + junk sites based on adsense payments or is this including the affiliate marketing payments. thanks

PulseWithLife, Jan 17, 2012 IP
  2. 5Twenty

5Twenty Peon

Best Answers:
    Quantity vs Quality is definitely one way to go. The newer trend is header towards destination sites, user generated content, and multiple revenue sources. ie job boards, directories, coupon sites, etc. You will make more money in the long run with fewer sites, but they take a little more effort to get up and going.

5Twenty, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  3. aditd

aditd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have 130 sites at this moment ... from 350. Depends on the sites. You can make a lot of sales sites ( which do not need content ).
    If you want to have 200 that need updates ... that would be a problem. However ... also depends on the type of sites.
    For example I can put up to 200 coupons sites and update them each day with new content and still have a lot of free time.

My suggestion would be to focus on few site.

aditd, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  4. BigTim3

BigTim3 Guest

Best Answers:
    i have my host look out for a lot of them since its a big job

BigTim3, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  5. nicelife

nicelife Member

Best Answers:
    User generated content it's a very good way to handle this, also coupon and sale sites.

Everything else is crazy.

nicelife, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  6. oo7ml

oo7ml Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WOW... just stumbled across this thread... what do you guys have 100 sites for... what is on these sites and how are they making you guys money, thanks in advance for your help

oo7ml, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  7. sweetcrabhoney18

sweetcrabhoney18 Banned

Best Answers:
    At one point I had over 100 sites. I didn't plan it right. I think if I had to do it again.. I won't make them sites that require updating. They would be basic sites and static sites. For managing them Project management software is a must. I love this one https://www.pivotaltracker.com/ it's easy and cheap.. I think with that many sites planning is the key so take the time and build each one as the grow. If they don't make money.. sale them.. :)

sweetcrabhoney18, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  8. oo7ml

oo7ml Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can someone please explain what the purpose of owning a 100 sites is... What is the business model behind this, thanks in advance

oo7ml, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  9. Scoty

Scoty Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have 100 sites but I made a CMS so I can manage as many of my own sites as I want from a single interface, doing this also allows me to use a single database of users so one login works across the entire "network". The only problem I can see with this is if I wanted to sell a site, but the ones that use the same logins I have no intention of ever selling.

For $100/day I would happily work on 100 different update sites lol even if it is a logistical nightmare, plus at that rate you could easily outsource a lot of it.

Usually, 100 sites each earning $1/day, it's a low amount of revenue so takes little effort to start up/cheaper to buy than a single site earning $100/day (you'll sometimes find people in the BST section looking to purchase 100 of these sites)

Scoty, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  10. oo7ml

oo7ml Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply but how do sites make $1 a day... and is there not huge costs in hosting and domain fees

oo7ml, Jan 29, 2012 IP
  11. Scoty

Scoty Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are many different ways you could earn $1/day on a site, so many that there's no point listing them here, just search the forums and see how other people are making money.

As for the costs to run them, theoretically even if you had a seperate shared hosting account for every site, and registered TLD, it could still be profitable with an income of $1/day per site.

I'm not very good at math so some of this could be wrong lol, but let's say you bought HostGator's "Hatchling Plan" today using monthly payments ($7.16 x 12 = $85.92) and a domain for say $10 (=95.92), you would still profit $269.08 over the year (from $1/day for 365 days) from that one site. With 100 sites that's $26,908 over the year, you'd be making over 2 grand a month. And this is just based on using a single hosting package for each site at that particular host, you could easily find much cheaper rates, reseller accounts, dedi servers, etc.

But again this is theoretical, and you would need to put a lot of time and effort in order to keep that earning up.

Scoty, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  12. oo7ml

oo7ml Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok cool, thanks for your help... will need to look into this...

oo7ml, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  13. ace10km

ace10km Peon

Best Answers:
    At some point I thought of going with this strategy but I quickly got tired of updating the sites so I sold most of them and kept 20 good ones.

ace10km, Jan 31, 2012 IP
  14. DonaldT

DonaldT Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Set your sites higher. $1 a day from a site is not difficult to do. I have an exact match domain site that I set up quickly. I have an advertiser on the site who pays over $400 per year to advertise on the site. I also make some adsense income from the site (probably another $400 per year). That's about $800 per year for a 3 page site that I never touch. I have another site that makes about $1200 to $1400 per month. I try to write a couple of articles per month for that site but sometimes I don't write any. Quality content is important. It has to be stuff people will link to and share. These are the best sites. Google loves them and they rank well. Auto generated sites are constantly be dropped by G.

DonaldT, Feb 1, 2012 IP
  15. gzed

gzed Active Member

Best Answers:
    Managewp is a great solution for people managing a wordpress empire. You can update all your sites from one dashboard. It's a paid service, but it definitely pays for itself.

gzed, Feb 1, 2012 IP