1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is ClickBank a BIG Scam, a place for affiliates to cheat people into buying?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by sdas, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Bytista2

Bytista2 Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't had much success with clickbank either. I suggest promoting the products with high gravity. I made a few sales on those but not enough to reach the minumum payout.

Bytista2, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  2. CleverFoxy

CleverFoxy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply. I just thought that any product that has been around for some time will have something, but those will be usually affiliates targeting product+scam keywords.

CleverFoxy, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  3. jweaver0101

jweaver0101 Peon

Best Answers:
    most of the products have a moneyback policy .... if you really don't like a product you can get your money back.

jweaver0101, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  4. CleverFoxy

CleverFoxy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Oh, I mean for promoting products. I have a site with some traffic, so that's what I meant. Though it's a good idea to buy a product myself first before promoting it, but you know, you don't always feel like doing it...

CleverFoxy, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  5. flammab1e

flammab1e Member

Best Answers:
    I see a lot of infomercial rejects, that may work for very few people.

flammab1e, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  6. aopotter

aopotter Member

Best Answers:
    totally agree with you , but also it brings money :)

aopotter, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  7. willow78

willow78 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have always been very suspicious on Clickbank.

willow78, Sep 8, 2011 IP
  8. Munnie

Munnie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    True that. Anyway, if it makes money and someone is willing to buy it then it ll be fine, if you want a user base however, then as mentioned, a good product is key.
    There are scams everywhere as products, its all up the websmaster to choose what to sell.

Munnie, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  9. WordyDivas

WordyDivas Peon

Best Answers:
    Clickbank is just like any other affiliate driven platform online. There are great products, and there are products that are horrible. Choose what you promote wisely if you are an affiliate who does not want to promote scam products, and watch your affiliates if you are someone who does not want to deal with a ton of chargebacks caused by shady affiliate sales tactics. Clickbank does seem to be working to weed out some of the problem products and make the site more profitable for people with legit products.

WordyDivas, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  10. ayb88

ayb88 Peon

Best Answers:
    you're right, but it's a source of money

ayb88, Sep 10, 2011 IP
  11. leeubck

leeubck Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, i agree on you...we grab internet with open arms accepting the terms and conditions of its advantages and disadvantages....CAUTION! beware of those disadvantages...that's it....

leeubck, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  12. Chri5123

Chri5123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Clickbank is just a payment processor and has nothing to do with a products quality.

With a huge affiliate base people will use all sorts of tactics to promote a product - that said Clickbank has a wide open refund policy and refund without any questions asked so it is not really an issue.

Some products are good and others are not so good. This happens everywhere.

Chris

Chri5123, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  13. leeubck

leeubck Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah I agree on that....that should read and emphasize so that people will be aware of waht is the real score about Clickbank....:cool:

leeubck, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  14. udehnans

udehnans Member

Best Answers:
    I was confident when I promote a product that I try it before :)

udehnans, Jan 31, 2012 IP
  15. rjpbseal

rjpbseal Peon

Best Answers:
    There are lots of good products on Clickbank. There are some amazing products on Clickbank. The problem is that some products are promoted by some superaffiliates because they know they can hit the hot buttons on newbie internet marketers and sell like crazy, one product after another. Even if they are decent products most people don't follow through and actually use them. Then they bitch about getting scammed.
    I think there's a lot of opportunity out there for good Clickbank products that are poorly marketed by the vendor. They don't have the hot button factor for IM so none of the super affiliate promote them.

I'm actually working on a product myself right now that teaches you how to find these products and build your own sales funnel for them.

rjpbseal, Jan 31, 2012 IP
  16. rjpbseal

rjpbseal Peon

Best Answers:
    Just because you find a product-scam report in google doesn't automatically mean that product is a scam. Plenty of people buy products then don't want to do any work, then complain about being scammed.

Also, productkeyword+scam is a marketing ploy. People worrying about scams do the google search because they want the product but are worried about getting taken. When you read the website it usually has a story something like this.

"Yeah, I was leery of this product when I tried it but guess what! It's really a good product. You can go ahead and buy it. Here's my affiliate link."

Try this. Next time you hear about a big product launch do a search for that product + scam. You'll see many domains with some variation of the product name + scam. Read the reviews. They'll either be positive reviews, or they'll be negative reviews with an alternative product affiliate link. This is actually a good way to market high gravity products or steal traffic from the buzz around a new product.

rjpbseal, Jan 31, 2012 IP
  17. inspmorse

inspmorse Peon

Best Answers:
    Clickbank is a good network, they have some good products and some bad products, be better than the rest and only promote products that you would want to use yiourself.

inspmorse, Jan 31, 2012 IP
  18. cpmbusiness

cpmbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    abhayhendre can you give us example of those CLASSIC products and your independent review of the products. I will be greatful i have been scamed to an extent i am afraid to buy any cb product.

cpmbusiness, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  19. abbesnwk

abbesnwk Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't agree..
    As long as they offer 60 day money back guarantee....NO!

If you've been cheated as a customer, you get your money back...
    Is a chain here...products with a lot of refunds, get less and less affiliates...and finally die
    ...some kind of natural selection

abbesnwk, Sep 17, 2012 IP
  20. damian07

damian07 Peon

Best Answers:
    Clickbank isn't the scam. It's the people who create a product and submit to clickbank who scam. There are a lot of high quality products in clickbank, but its kind of sad that crappy products with GOOD marketing can make you millions. Clickbank has to deal with scammer or else they can't make money.

damian07, Sep 20, 2012 IP