1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New to adsense :)

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by NateWeller, Jan 28, 2012.

Hey everyone,

New to the forums, and new to adsense. I apologize in advance if this is the wrong section, or if I am a complete idiot when it comes to adsense.

I just started up a new paintball-related blog. I decided to incorporate adsense to see if I can make money from my hobby. I am willing to work hard to generate quality content and direct traffic to my site.

So, if anyone could explain to me, or point me to some pinned threads, just basic information that a newbie like me should know as I enter the world of adsense. Stuff like achieving a high click through rate, keeping a good ad-to-content ratio, etc. Whatever you think I should know.

Thanks!

Also, my site is gonepaintballing.blogspot.com . It isn't fully completed and I am still working on making the ads a little more 'streamlined' with the design of the site. But tell me what you think. I made something like $0.30 within my first day, which I am pretty happy with seeing as I haven't even started to market the site :)

NateWeller, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  2. nicelife

nicelife Member

Best Answers:
    Hi NateWeller, and Welcome :D

First, you need good, almost daily updated content, so your viewers get more interested in browsing your site, because you need a LOT of traffic, so you need to be actively sharing your site so it becomes more popular. Try not to be too annoying with the ads, place them in strategic places. Don't try any "tricks", google knows well what you're doing, you'll get banned.

Good luck ;)

nicelife, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  3. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    personaly I ban all airsoft, paintball related content on my multi user sites. I know adsense is against content related to firearms, and maybe airsoft and paintball don't fall into this category, but me I like to play it VERY safe with adsense, as they can be dumb enough already, no need to give them reasons.

JamesColin, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  4. kalpana_seo

kalpana_seo Peon

Best Answers:
    your viewers get more interested in browsing your site,

kalpana_seo, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  5. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lifeplayer, Jan 29, 2012 IP
  6. jazchai

jazchai Peon

Best Answers:
    As you mentioned you are willing to work hard building your site, I suggest you get a paid Domain Name. You see there is potential risk building your blog on a free domain like blogspot. It's not a good idea to depend on a third party resource if you are serious about expanding your blog.

jazchai, Jan 29, 2012 IP
  7. LhavBerryXo

LhavBerryXo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi :DI'm also new to Adsense well um... I visited your site but I think you should manage your Ad zone. I could hardly notice the ads >.< Maybe you should try the rich image ad, and use the recommended sizes. Try the 160x600 skyscraper! Looks like you've got a sidebar perfect for it. And of course gain traffic. I get around $4 my first day but that's because I've already built nice traffic.... I guess. I had around 3000 visits per day.

LhavBerryXo, Jan 29, 2012 IP
  8. pakodiaz

pakodiaz Peon

Best Answers:
    Be really really careful..
    Dont skip the steps that is what i wanted to do and i paid it hard...
    Start slow and go little by little .. dont buy sites (if you are willing to) to a guy you dont know or dont have feedback)

pakodiaz, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  9. hill2001

hill2001 Peon

Best Answers:
    What?!?!?!?!?!

hill2001, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  10. bimmer

bimmer Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest picking another niche that has nothing to do with shooting. Perhaps the content may trigger some red flag or something and get your account into trouble.

bimmer, Feb 1, 2012 IP