1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Design Question

Discussion in 'Design' started by aj845, Jan 29, 2012.

I would like to all of you if i should change the design or keep it the like this. Reason is that I will be adding more content and menu is kind of getting full. I was also thinking of making drop menu once I have more content. Advice, or anything would really helpful. Thanksmy site

aj845, Jan 29, 2012 IP
  2. varindia

varindia Member

Best Answers:
    Looks nice and valuable but careful about the adsense that will detoriate the site quality.

varindia, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  3. Dennis Roberson

Dennis Roberson Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, here goes....
    I take it you're wanting total honesty...The main thing that hit me when I got to your site was all the white glaring out at me. I also feel that your page is way too narrow. It should be at least 960px width in my opinion. This allows more information to be displayed above the fold. As it is, I can see why you have to be a little stingy with the text sizes. You just had to make the choice of constricting text sizes in order to fit the constraints of a page with such a narrow width.
    Btw, that width is a throwback to the days before wider flat screens became popular. Remember when monitors were boxy with square screens? So capping off the width issue, I honestly think you've outgrown it anyway and the very subject of your inquiry here is proof of the fact.
    Okay, enough about the width...Let's get to colors.
    As I said, all that glaring white is not easy on the eyes. It's like looking directly at a low intensity fluorescent light box with writing on it. I happen to be an artist, so I can tell you first hand how often I've used my monitor at a "bright white" site to make tracings (using regular typing paper) for my animated line drawing GIFs. It's easy...all I do is tape the previous drawing on that bright screen and superimpose the blank paper over top of it. From there, I can easily drawing the second sketch, using the bottom copy to trace while including subtle new positions for the object I'm animating. So in other words, I use the white glare to transform my monitor into a light box.
    I think a good solution to make your site easier on the eye would NOT be to abolish the white, but to place the (white) boxes on a panel who's color is "eye friendly"...and then go ahead and install all of that on a master background which reflects your business, is non-distracting (though pleasant) and is totally easy on the eye.
    Anyway, I hope you don't mind me sharing my opinions with such naked honesty.
    If you'd like, you can run over to a site I'm building which displays all of this in action (but that's not why I made this post. I just needed to boost my post count to get some benefits around here and your thread was an opportunity to do something I really wanted to).

I hope I've helped you, AJ.
    Take care.
    Dennis
    ( The site I referred to above is dennisroberson.com
    It's 1280px wide.

CHEERS!!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
    Dennis Roberson, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  4. anj.07

anj.07 Member

Best Answers:
    change it. it looks awful. Violates all the major web design codes. Make it look more nice and clean.

Regards.

anj.07, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  5. varindia

varindia Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, change of the website design will help to attract visitors and allow them to stay longer at your webpages.

varindia, Mar 15, 2012 IP