1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My highest daily average in almost 4 years! - $32/day with 1 blog

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by kenny1, Jan 25, 2012.

Hey guys. Well I started using Adsense on my luxury real estate blog, Homes of the Rich, back in July of 2008. It has been almost 4 years now! I can't believe it. My first month I actually made quite a good amount for a blog that just started out. I made $207...from around 15,000 pageviews. This was an average of around $6 a day.

Fast forward almost 4 years later and so far for the month of January (January 1st to 25th), I made $791.04. This was from 259,000 pageviews. This comes out to an average of $32.96 a day!

So as you can tell, it's quite possible to make a good amount of money from just one blog. You just need to have the ads positioned correctly and you need to make sure that they blend in with your website.

I use 4 ads on my website. Here they are, in order from which I make the most money from.

#1 moneymaker - I use a 468x60 ad right above my post content, underneath the post title. I use both image/text ads.

#2 moneymaker - I use a 728x90 ad right in the middle of my blog, above the page fold. I use both image/text ads.

#3 moneymaker - I use a 728x15 ad right under my website's "navigation" bar. This is best because the words of the ad blend in with the words on the navigation bar, so most people click them not really knowing they're ads.

#4 moneymaker - I use a 336x280 after the post content. I use both image/text ads.

I hope my story and tips have helped you guys. It isn't easy getting to where I've gotten it (well for some people it is haha), but if you work hard and experiment a lot then I can guarantee that you'll see an increase in your revenue. Also, using channels has definitely helped me to weed out which ads give me the best results. I suggest you use them!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
    kenny1, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  2. Trapped

Trapped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi there,
    Congrats man, i remember i did read your first post about that blog and it is good to see you didn't gave up and you've worked hard to improve your income and achieve your goals. Looks like you have been "forced" to bump the ads all above the fold and push the content a bit too low..but hey, as long as it works for you its fine i guess ;)

Cheers

Trapped, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  3. kenny1

kenny1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks man! Yeah, I did. I know most people don't like it, but it has definitely helped to increase my ad revenue. I added a header image with a house on it just to blend in with my site's theme and to break up the ads...this way it will be a little less annoying to my readers.

kenny1, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  4. abhiquick

abhiquick Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very few people here give such type of tips. Most of the members try to disheart noobs. Thanks a lot..

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
    abhiquick, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  5. yadavs

yadavs Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for tips and all the best for your future..

yadavs, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  6. kenny1

kenny1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hear you. It's very hard to improve if you don't know how! That's why I feel more people should give better tips and share more information. It's always nice to share your success stories with others and then see them implement your tactics themselves! I love when I can help others succeed just as I have done =)

kenny1, Jan 25, 2012 IP
    jhnrang likes this.
  7. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Question, with the recent change google made to the ad layout above the fold stuff, has your traffic or rankings died down?

snakeair, Jan 29, 2012 IP
  8. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're now going to have 10 million Indians trying to rip off your site. Smart strategy, I like it.

Seqqa, Jan 29, 2012 IP
  9. abhiquick

abhiquick Active Member

Best Answers:
    And what about you?

abhiquick, Jan 29, 2012 IP
  10. sarpreet4842

sarpreet4842 Peon

Best Answers:
    How much visiter per day??????

sarpreet4842, Jan 29, 2012 IP
  11. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thankfully I'm not Indian. Further more, I have the intellectual capabilities to pursue my own ideas and generate revenue accordingly.

Good luck.

Seqqa, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  12. abhiquick

abhiquick Active Member

Best Answers:
    I thank god that you're not Indian. Your countrymen looking jealous of everything.
    I have two suggestions for every jealous person.....
    1. Don't be overconfident and keep your head
    2. Learn to respect
    Otherwise you will find yourself alone with money.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
    abhiquick, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  13. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're clearly incompetent with the use of the English language. Your statement is clearly ironically moronic, so unless you're after demonstrating even more how much of an idiot you are I'd shut up if I was you.

Seqqa, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  14. abhiquick

abhiquick Active Member

Best Answers:
    lol I never mentioned that I am good in English.
    and I know you got what I want to say.
    Better don't reply to this post.
    I have not used any bad words like idiot,moron for you. Don't try to be oversmart.

abhiquick, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  15. raheelrehman

raheelrehman Peon

Best Answers:
    I would like to say don't fight and spread love. If someone is not good in English then you must know that nobody here is perfect. Although I am not indian, but I think we all must respect to each other.

raheelrehman, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  16. michaelgrisso

michaelgrisso Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Kenny,
    Congrats on your accomplish. It's nice to hear someone continues to work on their project after four years. One thing I would like to point out to everyone else trying to jump on these tips, Kenny has over 6,400 entries just in the categories area alone. So before you go telling your husbands or wives you found the secret to making money on adsense, don't forget about the "work" you have to put into it :)

Hope to hear more great stories from you in the future Kenny.

Cheers~

Michael

michaelgrisso, Feb 1, 2012 IP
  17. yelax

yelax Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats man. I remember your site when you first posted. Glad to see it's doing so well. Do you spend a lot of time posting content?

yelax, Feb 1, 2012 IP
  18. kenny1

kenny1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I do an average of 3 posts a day.

kenny1, Feb 1, 2012 IP
  19. kenny1

kenny1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Michael, much appreciated! Yes, it does take lots of hard work and determination. You can't give up if you're not making that much. I made $30 or so my first month using Adsense in July of 2008. This past month I made $1,100!! So that goes to show you that hard work does pay off.

kenny1, Feb 1, 2012 IP
  20. drkossa

drkossa Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats on your accomplish

drkossa, Feb 1, 2012 IP