1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Godaddy supported SOPA Initially

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by goodselleronline, Jan 23, 2012.

Although i am not american but the time i got to know that godaddy was supporting SOPA
    i transfered many of my domain from godaddy to other sites .

has anyone else done that ?

goodselleronline, Jan 23, 2012 IP
  2. Gigver

Gigver Peon

Best Answers:
    pretty irritating to know that godaddy supported sopa, if i had a better alternative i would think about moving.

Gigver, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  3. ceekeigh

ceekeigh Peon

Best Answers:
    I won't suggest using godaddy as I think they're one of those big sites that goes behind SOPA & PIPA.

ceekeigh, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  4. Alex-Brooks.co.uk

Alex-Brooks.co.uk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Namecheap is a great alternative

Alex-Brooks.co.uk, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  5. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    thsadmin, Jan 24, 2012 IP
    goodselleronline likes this.
  6. henriyo

henriyo Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    Thank God hostgator is not supporting SOPA/PIPA.... I have left godaddy since last year

henriyo, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  7. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well before this I already transferred all of my domains from godaddy to namecheap :)

micksss, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  8. JSProjects

JSProjects Member

Best Answers:
    Namecheap, definitely.

And yeah, GoDaddy panicked when everyone started to transfer their domains. Never liked GoDaddy. And this makes me like them even less.

JSProjects, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  9. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I didn't transfer all of my domains, I have left them there. However, I have bought a few domains since the whole SOPA fiasco and have purchased them from namecheap instead as a direct result.

Reports indicate that they lost quite a bit of money over the deal.

PHPGator, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  10. servicefeed

servicefeed Peon

Best Answers:
    They still support it. I moved all my domains away from them, as they just publicly stated they aren't supporting it. However, it's pretty clear they still want it and support it quietly.

servicefeed, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  11. daniel10

daniel10 Peon

Best Answers:
    that is why i registered my domains with namecheap :)

daniel10, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  12. ironic

ironic Member

Best Answers:
    I switched primarily over to Namecheap even before all this happened, but it ensures that I won't go back!

ironic, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  13. DomainBro

DomainBro Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL. I think it's amazing that just about everyone I talk to, does not like GoDaddy. I myself, prefer Hostgator and NameCheap.

DomainBro, Jan 29, 2012 IP
  14. mhovingh

mhovingh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I stopped using GoDaddy for hosting years ago. Their hosting was just sub-par in my opinion. I had great experiences with their general customer support, but not their tech specific customer support.

For domains, I have always loved using GoDaddy for domains that I wasn't planning on selling right away. When I found out that they were supporting SOPA however, I stopped registering new domains with them. I still have domains with them but will be transferring them out as they come up for expiration. I have been looking at other places for domain registrations and have given DynaDot a try, but I am getting frustrated with how difficult it is to actually speak to someone from DynaDot on the phone. Their phone system leaves a lot to be desired. Probably will try out a few more companies over the next couple ones and hopefully find one I am happy registering my domains with.

When it times come to start transferring out my current domains with them, I am going to get on the phone with GoDaddy's customer support when I go to make the transfer. When they ask why I am choosing to leave GoDaddy for another company, I am going to be sure to let them know that it is because of their support for SOPA. Normally I wouldn't bother with something like that, but I was disgusted that they would back that horrendously bad bill. With ACTA already signed "in secret", we don't get to see how GoDaddy feels about that but, if it does end up being brought to the Senate it will be interesting to see if they would publicly support it or decide to keep quiet when it comes to politics.

Getting a bit off-topic, but still important in my opinion, to those in the US, call your state's Senators. Let them know that you want Congress to put pressure on the Whitehouse to have ACTA declared invalid unless it is allowed to go to Congress for a vote. The President signed this treaty out of the public's eye and it is worse than SOPA/PIPA. Don't know what ACTA is? Thankfully Europeans have jumped up and taken notice, but it is no surprise that many from the US have no idea that their country has already signed ACTA. It never went to the Senate, was signed out of the public eye, and was hidden using the excuse that it has sensitive information that could hurt national security if it got out. It is great that SOPA got so much attention, but the US technically already had a law signed that overshadows SOPA, without Senate approval and without giving the public a chance to weigh in. ACTA is very loosely worded like we saw with SOPA, could allow companies to use tax payer dollars for advertising, violates citizen rights under the Constitution, and has a few more really bad things bundled in with it.

Remember fellow Americans, our President already signed this, along with some others like Japan and Canada. Contact your Senators, and your local house reps while you are at it.

[video=youtube;citzRjwk-sQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=citzRjwk-sQ[/video]

mhovingh, Jan 29, 2012 IP
    stinker likes this.
  15. skulpt

skulpt Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmmm... Not cool at all.....:/

skulpt, Jan 29, 2012 IP