1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Marketing for free?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by gerigo, Jan 27, 2012.

Hi, I have recently created a new blog that teaches teenagers how to make money in an attempt to maybe start raking some of the stuff in myself. I am only 15 years old so I obviously don't have a lot to spend on marketing my website. I have attempted to use social networks, forums, youtube etc to market my website for free but I just can't seem to get any decent results, I mean a few people are coming to take a look round but still very little numbers.

Does anyone have any ideas that I could try, in an attempt to get some fairly decent traffic. I would prefer them to be free but anything that has a low cost I am also willing to try.

Thanks.

teenmoneymentor.com

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
    gerigo, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  2. DomainBro

DomainBro Peon

Best Answers:
    You say that you have attempted to use the social networks, etc, but how long have you been at it? What are you doing within these networks to drive traffic?

DomainBro, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  3. gerigo

gerigo Peon

Best Answers:
    Ive used twitter, i have around 1.1k followers that are mainly teenagers (from twiends) and i have been posting links on there. I also have a few facebook pages, proberly around 5,000 people collectively and I also posted some links on there.

gerigo, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  4. JPC-Sabrina

JPC-Sabrina Member

Best Answers:
    You have a decent following so you must be doing some things well. Maybe you can maximize the use of your blog and post those blog posts on twitter and facebook to drive those followers back to your blog. Also consider what other markets and niches those in your age group and interest follow.

JPC-Sabrina, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  5. gerigo

gerigo Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok thanks!

gerigo, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  6. RedHat39

RedHat39 Active Member

Best Answers:
    One of the main obstacles I see you face is you are trying to market to teenagers who for the most part do not have money to spend in the first place. You need to redefine your target audience preferable adults wanting to help their teens to start earning some extra money. Anyway hope that helps you in some way.

RedHat39, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  7. gerigo

gerigo Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I was thinking of advertising on some smaller forums that are used mainly by teenagers, possibly some gaming ones or something?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

gerigo, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  8. BrassDash

BrassDash Peon

Best Answers:
    Go to http://www.fiverr.com/ and look for gigs that reputable people are offering in order to get you more social media followers or other forms of marketing that may be beneficial to you.

BrassDash, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  9. Lucian

Lucian Peon

Best Answers:
    lol im 16:) and a very successful marker! Something I can tell you is that Facebook isnt what it normally is and twitter only works if you can get certain software!I learned this the hard way. Lets sit back a minute. I read a post saying that targeting teenagers isnt a smart thing. Whoever said taht (and not bashing you) is COMPLETLY wrong! Or else abercrombie, and mcdonalds and almost 99.9% of the fast food inductry and the electronic industry would be DEAD. You are targeting a crowd that has no money but whos parents have money. If you can get a kid to nag his parents you got the sale. But as you and I know the female race nags their parents more then the male race. And another quick tip. When i came into this industry i chased money. Thats why i was chewed up and spit out. If you are looking solemly for money go rob a bank its easier:)As to traffic to your website - anything can drive you traffic the only difference in traffic sources is that some are buyer traffic and some you have to be more persisitant in.

Lucian, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  10. JohnHYW

JohnHYW Peon

Best Answers:
    JohnHYW, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  11. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    The thing with social network marketing is persistence, if you can find out why or what keywords those few people used to come to your site, then you can build on it

golfpro1, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  12. PCOnline

PCOnline Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with JPC-Sabrina.. seems to me like you are doing well :) follow the advices given and tell us about your results

PCOnline, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  13. gerigo

gerigo Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I'm going to also try and build some back links, however its a lot harder than I thought :(

gerigo, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  14. brittnyaliza

brittnyaliza Peon

Best Answers:
    I love to appreciate your piece of work for teenager. I will also follow your blog to. Thanks for your great attempt.

brittnyaliza, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  15. Quahas

Quahas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can definately expand your followers/fanpages by purchasing services from Fiverr. And as stated teenagers might be a harder target audience than some other with more availability to spend money.

Quahas, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  16. gerigo

gerigo Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks! :)

gerigo, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  17. ARJacob

ARJacob Peon

Best Answers:
    Hai,I think , to get results, you have to show a bit more patience and dedication! In the mean time try traffic exchanges and safelists also.CheersARJacob

ARJacob, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  18. rith

rith Member

Best Answers:
    Hi there! You can use free traffic to get traffic such as:
    - Join social network
    - Join social book marketing
    - Use press release
    - Use free traffic system
    - Free classified ads
    - Forum post
    - Submit article to directories
    - Submit blog to directories
    Hope these methods can help you.

rith, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  19. Endless Rain

Endless Rain Member

Best Answers:
    Well facebook is free, and if its free traffic that you need then this will definitely work. SEO is also free, you will only need to build backlinks towards your site. This can be done through forum posting, blog commenting and social bookmarking.

Rain

Endless Rain, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  20. nicelife

nicelife Member

Best Answers:
    Hi gerigo,

You have a good website there, keep that up. You have good taste. Be patient, follow the suggestion the other users give you, but most important:be patient. Invite people personally and post yourself a lot.

Good luck-

nicelife, Jan 29, 2012 IP