1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way to gain traffic as a beginner

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Arclite, Jan 26, 2012.

hello everybody,

I have a site that goes about selling affialte products from amazon. On my site I would like to
    sell watches (so that i get some money from Amazon) My site is not finished yet, but almost ready,

I would like to know what the best / fastest way is to get visitors.
    I've heard some things about backlinking, but the only thing I can find is that it will costs money, and and i have no money to invest,

Does anyone know where I can find the best free backlink program (also the address of the site).

And has anybody some good tip for a biginner in internet marketing,
    without spending money and having a lot of visitors.

I would also appreciate that you explained in a most convenient way possible, because as a beginner I do not know everything about internet marketing, thank you for your understanding.:)

My conclusion is:

- Who has the best or the best free backlink program to get visitors.
    - Other good tips for a beginner (without spending money) and getting visitors .

Thanks Yusuf.:)

Arclite, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  2. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I am personally under the philosophy that it takes money to make money. You have various skills, you may just not be aware of them yet. Look around the BST section, review things that you might be able to do for others to get money. You don't need a ton of money to get started in Internet Marketing, but I do think you need a marketing budget for most situations.

As for recommendation on services, I simply recommend reviewing the Feedback feature for everyone offering services. That is usually a good indication of if they can provide what they say they will provide. :)

Although a few things you might look into:

Social Media Marketing
    Article Marketing
    SEO
    Website Optimization

Those are things you can do on your own and read on that should keep you busy for hours. Those are a few free things you can do on your own to help improve your traffic.

PHPGator, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  3. JohnHYW

JohnHYW Peon

Best Answers:
    Backlinking doesn't need any money. You could try writing some articles on watches and submitting them to article directories like EzineArticles. Remember to include link to your website in the article that you are submitting to article directories.

JohnHYW, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  4. sweetcrabhoney18

sweetcrabhoney18 Banned

Best Answers:
    Backlinking requires either time or money. You can invest in time or invest with money. I normally use PTC to launch a site, I add a giveaway and some nice free goodies and generally that's enough to get the word going. I'm unsure if this would apply to your site but it might. Best of luck.

sweetcrabhoney18, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  5. rith

rith Member

Best Answers:
    If you are a beginner, you can use free ways to get traffic to your site such as:
    - Join social book marketing
    - Join social network
    - Use press release
    - Use free traffic system
    - Free classified ads
    - Forum post
    - Yahoo answer
    Hope these methods can help you.

rith, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  6. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The old saying that it takes money to make money is true in just about every aspect of life. You can however start making money online for free. However it will take a lot of time because you need to be able to do all the work yourself. This is where the money is helpful. Imagine being able to hire someone to do the backlinks for you. Or maybe even write the sites content while all you needed to do was concentrate on finding more profitable products. Now you are going to be successful even if you do it all yourself. This is because you have the drive.

Free ways to get backlinks

Forum posting
    Blog commenting
    Press Release
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Social Bookmarking.

Just to name a few.

Good Luck

Remember that you only fail if you give up

gvannorman, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  7. habreza

habreza Active Member

Best Answers:
    Outsource you will do SEO but don't forget about the articles. 30 unique articles will be the good start.

habreza, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  8. louis d

louis d Member

Best Answers:
    You can create keyword optimised content from videos and articles and backlink them yourself. Build 10 to 20 backlinks everyday, they will soon stack up...

use the google keyword tool to analyze what keywords would be best to target. In my very honest opinion you will need some internet marketing training or coaching to give you guidance and direction. You need to find a system that works, stick with it, perfect it and work your butt of with it!!!

then comes the money

louis d, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  9. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, as louis d mentioned coaching or mentoring is always a nice way to go. However this can cost money. You can do it all for free by doing what you are now. Asking questions and taking action. I want to share something with everyone. I spent about 1 hour on Skype with a very successful Internet Marketer the other day. He went over exactly how he makes money and we are talking in the area of $50,000 a month. This guy has made it. He has a empire of blogs and is a top affiliate for many different products.

I am in the process of building my first blog. I will be following his blueprint which is being released as a WSO really soon. All I did was ask for a little assistance and he gave it to me. That is what you need to do here, ask and implement. Only you can do this. Follow everything above on getting traffic and you will see success at that. Then if you need more help, come back and they will help you again. These forums like this are a goldmine of information and everyone is very helpful all you need to do is want it.

gvannorman, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  10. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    Basically backlinking is getting a link from another site that points back to yours.
    There are various free ways to get backlinks.
    - write articles and submit to article directories (You can submit to 5 of the main ones)
    - blog commenting (find related blogs and post comments. make sure the comment is related to the post and don't just say "hey nice post"
    - social bookmarking on sites like digg, stumble upon, reddit, delicious
    - Rss feed submission feedagg.com, feedage.com
    - blog directory submission
    - video creation and submission

and there's much more.

Just start with one method of building backlinks and when you've done for instance about 10 articles, then you can go to the next thing and so on. You can always go back to article marketing if you feel more comfortable with it.

All these take time and so at some point you'll have to spend money to outsource the mundane stuff.

check this site for free backlinks http://linklicious.me/

Cheers

Anitasol, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  11. jconnolly

jconnolly Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm new here, hello everyone! Great forum.:)
    I would also recommend searching for free link exchange websites. I have acquired some useful links from high PR and related websites from sites like link2me.
    Good luck!

jconnolly, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  12. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can gain traffic by finding authority blogs in your niche and leaving comments on them, ensure that the comments adds value to the conversation or they might be removed

golfpro1, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  13. Quahas

Quahas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You could try building a facebook fan page. Try to find a good guide on how to do it. I always suggest facebook as there is possibility your stuff will go viral and expand like crazy.

Quahas, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  14. derekh

derekh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As well as these I would recomend submitting articles to web 2.0 sites such as blogger.com, wordpress.com, livejournal.com, etc. and link back to your site from these. Then, if you have just $5 to spend, go to fiverr.com and search for backlinking services. You can literally buy 1000's of baclinks for just $5. But send these links to your web 2.0 blogs and not your main site as you don't want to build up so many backlinks to your money site so fast.

derekh, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  15. Father_Flame

Father_Flame Peon

Best Answers:
    In addition to all the great advice already mentioned, create a blog (or a few) on a high authority site like Blogger, Wordpress, Tumblr, etc. to regularly post content and link each article back to your site. You can even syndicate your content and post it all around the web. The backlinks themselves may not give you any "link juice" but interested readers will follow the link back to your site giving you not only free but more importantly targeted traffic.

Father_Flame, Jan 29, 2012 IP
  16. sameer_max

sameer_max Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can build quality SEO friendly backlinks by submitting your website to free directories, paid directories, forum posting, niche submissions, press releases, article submissions, video submissions, social bookmarking, social bookmarking, social media marketing, blog commenting, guest posts etc are some of the easier ways to get traffic.

sameer_max, Jan 29, 2012 IP
  17. wpfix

wpfix Peon

Best Answers:
    Submit your site to social bookmarking sites can get you many backlinks for a single article. There are also many other methods too i.e by commenting, form posting and many more.

wpfix, Jan 29, 2012 IP
  18. gobiwinds@yahoo.com

gobiwinds@yahoo.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I find writing articles is one of the best ways to drive traffic to your site.

gobiwinds@yahoo.com, Jan 29, 2012 IP
  19. trudent

trudent Peon

Best Answers:
    Social Bookmarking is wonderful way to gaining traffic own your site.

trudent, Jan 29, 2012 IP
  20. angelsmith115

angelsmith115 Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried before doing just a FACEBOOK thing. I just been active everyday. and not expected to rank my site instantly. :)

angelsmith115, Jan 30, 2012 IP