1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My method - How to drastically reduce the CPC and increase CTR

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by raj61184, Jan 22, 2012.

First let me admit I have found a this method through hit and trial and I am no expert of adwords, but yes I have spend a good amount of time trying out different stuff.

CPC cost per click is way to competitive and for high competition keywords the cost per click can go upto $100! My method based on CPM(cost per thousand impression) where you dont pay per click but pay per 1000 impression. Even with CPM you would end up paying high amount without any returns if you don’t do it the right way. After wasting a lot of money I devised this method which gives me high CTR(60%+) and very low CPC(<$0.1).

So here it goes, whenever I have to start an adwords campaign this is what I do Step 1: I try to find pages relevant to my keywords and business for example if I am selling an iphone app I would find blogs or websites which talk about iphone and run a CPM campaign on it (this is what everyone does for starting a CPM adwords campaign), Step 2: This is the tricky part people generally dont do this, I select high traffic pages selected in step 1, say with traffic of more than 4-5k visitors per day, these are websites which are highly reputed and are big names in the industry, running CPM ads on such pages can bankrupt you in one day, but you need this highly focused traffic because it is very much related to your business. Now this is what you should do here find a link on such high traffic pages which are not so important, eg. link to a help page, FAQ or may be even contact us page, and see if you can run adwords ads on such pages. If you are able to find one trust me you have just hit a goldmine. Such pages (like help page or contact us page) which are linked to high traffic pages have very low cpm but very high ctr and running ads on these pages you can get best return on investment.

Now I want a favor from you, if you liked my method of reducing cpc please press the thumbs up button below to increase my reputation points :).

raj61184, Jan 22, 2012 IP
    powerusergpt, splendidboy and hEmA like this.
  2. pisco

pisco Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm trying this one out, as i do get a bit sales boost because of adwords, just a quick question, do you locate those specific pages by hand, or is it possible to do so in adwords tools?

Thanks

pisco, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  3. raj61184

raj61184 Member

Best Answers:
    That comes with experience :) there is no such tool. But if you want I can help you, pm me your requirement. Please don't forget to click on thumbs up button on my main post if you like it :)

raj61184, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  4. hEmA

hEmA Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks but need more explanation from adwords panel, how to do that?

hEmA, Jan 29, 2012 IP
  5. JohnHem

JohnHem Peon

Best Answers:
    good idea, people going to help or contact are leaving anyway

JohnHem, Jan 31, 2012 IP
  6. TwistyGut

TwistyGut Peon

Best Answers:
    Me too have not much experience about Adword. I need more exlanation of Adword Tools.

TwistyGut, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  7. melahi

melahi Peon

Best Answers:
    Adwords i have a campaign running with everything on autopilot have just specified the keywords and let Google set the bids automatically. it brings traffic

melahi, Feb 9, 2012 IP