1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

megaupload

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by goldfish, Jan 20, 2012.

check megaupload
    megaupload.jpg

goldfish, Jan 20, 2012 IP
  2. ceekeigh

ceekeigh Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow a new Megaupload face lol.

ceekeigh, Jan 20, 2012 IP
  3. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    See how they can do stuff without SOPA / PIPA. That is/was NOT about stopping piracy. It was about silencing dissent and nothing more.

Bushranger, Jan 20, 2012 IP
  4. goldfish

goldfish Active Member

Best Answers:
    Today it is megaupload, tomorrow it may your website..

goldfish, Jan 20, 2012 IP
  5. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    If I am dealing out gigabytes of pirate stuff, indeed building my business model on it, I think that's fair enough.

A little piracy i'm happy to ignore but companies making millions from it should be stopped imho.

Bushranger, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    All the pay per download sites will need to review their practices. Kim Dotcom claims he's had lawyers looking over what they do the whole time and is sounding confident. Time will tell if he's as bulletproof as he'd like us to believe he is.

His arrest sounded pretty exciting, 2 helicopters, 75 cops, a building that secured itself against intrusion and a panic room door busted down.

sarahk, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  7. KlausKesselGO

KlausKesselGO Peon

Best Answers:
    This is why the smart sites like this make it in a different country. Or then you have a site that uses 3rd party stream links.

KlausKesselGO, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  8. kruzzen

kruzzen Guest

Best Answers:
    Make sure you use a different domain, too. If you use a .com, which is an American originated domain, then they can still seize your domain name ;) At least that is what I have been told through the legal channels...

What bothers me is that I run a forum... lets say a spammer gets in while I and other staff members are away, they post spam links to nulled software or something like that. Do I face getting my site seized? If so, that isn't just dumb its retarded :p

kruzzen, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  9. KlausKesselGO

KlausKesselGO Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. That is very unfair.

KlausKesselGO, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  10. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    Well seeing the arrests were made in New Zealand I guess that won't help them.

Not that I know the process, nor do I agree with it, I suspect first the department involved will serve a takedown notice to the domain owner who, if they refuse to take down the copyrighted info then will be actioned, so firstly will need a whole pile of people to scour the web for infringements.

I like the idea of re-evaluating the whole concept of copyright, loosening up the rights for wider use, not allowing Disney to extend copyrights longer as they did with Mickey Mouse, who, would rightfully be in the public domain by now.

30 years is too long, more like 5 is fairer imho.

11. ipostmedia

ipostmedia Active Member

Best Answers:
    If it wasn't for website like MegaUpload, I probably spend more than a million dollar per year on entertainment. It's crazy. It's not like Hollywood celebrities are starving. Even with the piracy, most of them are super rich.

ipostmedia, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  12. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    I would go without. If I really wanted to watch a movie I would go see it at the movies. Problem by downloading and watching is you don't believe all the false hype that makes you want to see a crap movie if you download it.

You're backing their side with that statement. They say they're missing out on that million whereas most say well I wouldn't have bought it anyway so they're losing nothing.

13. ipostmedia

ipostmedia Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm speaking on behalf of the majority of Internet users especially in the 3rd world or developing countries. It's too expensive to buy original. I think in this economy crisis, even people in the western world couldn't afford it anymore. The current system is re-creating a feudal system. The celebrities, sportmen, agents are way overpaid. Why can't they give something back to the community.

ipostmedia, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  14. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    Agreed. I come from the generation that taped songs from the radio, made tapes from our LPs for family and friends. There will always be a following for singers and their followers will support them whilst thre's an MSM to push the barrow non stop. The more you see / hear / eat of anything the more you'll come to want more.

Most artists know that already and many could enjoy a good income online. Didn't we read a couple of weeks ago some comedian who put out a comedy dvd shareware and earnt 1 million from it in one weekend? Shareware was a huge success when it began because people shared it and many liked it, then many bought it. Many of the big names are there now still because they began with shareware. It makes a lot of money. I believe most people who download stuff wouldn't buy it in the first place and if they do like anything they heard / saw they'll compensate in their own way, whether that's recommending it to others who might buy etc..

Now that a singer / movie producer can do their own distribution it would have the marketing guys worried. I don't think it robs the person who creates it, what it does is cuts out the middle man, which is them, so they're going overboard to protect their pockets, not the artists pocket.

15. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And if they won't give it up for free, we'll just take it!

Obamanation, Jan 22, 2012 IP
  16. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    USA dick measuring again. Goldman Sachs commits a lot of fraud too, we are all still waiting for their storm troopers to go and raid that place. I'd also like to see any other country try and storm a US company for piracy, and try and extradite one of it's citizens.

Seqqa, Jan 23, 2012 IP
  17. kruzzen

kruzzen Guest

Best Answers:
    Don't blame the USA, blame its politics ;)

kruzzen, Jan 26, 2012 IP