1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there a HTML code for a forum??

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Woody1010, Jan 23, 2012.

?

Do you have a website?

1. yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    Is there?If you know can you tell me because I want to build one for free.
    Thanks

Woody1010, Jan 23, 2012 IP
  2. manish0109

manish0109 Active Member

Best Answers:
    HTML code for a forum?

A forum cant be built with HTML only. But yes, you can built it for free. Try open source scripts like phpbb3, smf etc

manish0109, Jan 23, 2012 IP
  3. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    The poster is an idiot. Ignore this thread. But I'm sure it will fill with other posters because, after all, this is DP.

drhowarddrfine, Jan 23, 2012 IP
  4. xira

xira Active Member

Best Answers:
    Astral Walker, I am disappointed in your response to say the least. I come to the DP to offer assistance to "Peons" or whomever legitimately has a question about the web. You managed to insult the person asking the question and anyone who comes to his aid. Bravo. If you are unhappy with the DP, no one is forcing you to be here. It would however be appreciated to keep destructive comments like those to yourself. Thank you.

Woody1010, you can use an open source software like Drupal for forums. It is based on PHP, and requires a host/server that supports mySQL databases. Most hosts have these requirements. Good luck.

xira, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  5. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    At least get my name right if you're going to address me. Even DP posters get that right. You're the first to get it wrong.
    I didn't do that. He did it to himself. I only saved the three or four intelligent posters on DP some time.
    This whole thread is destructive to DP. Pointing it out is doing posters a favor. No one with half a brain that knows anything about how the web works would bother to answer this thread.
    See what I mean.

drhowarddrfine, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  6. Wasi88

Wasi88 Active Member

Best Answers:
    @drhowarddrfine: I understand your reaction. It's frustrating for those really have the skills that everyone without having a clue try to do something on the WWW. But the WWW isn't the freaky construct for pioneers and future oriented people with fantastic ideas anymore. The WWW became commercial and it's more about marketing instead of real quality and technical knowledge these days in general. It's the same for the big 'webmaster' forums. So be a step better and ignore such posts as long as your response isn't really constructive.

Wasi88, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  7. FizixRichard

FizixRichard Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's a bit harsh to say that, a lot of people don't get these things. I've had plenty of customers ask silly things like this.

In response to others:
    I wouldn't say to use Drupal etc for forums, not if you want a dedicated forum solution, building one yourself is a false economy of sorts, its a huge job (least if your thinking IPB scale). I'd recommend a forum package for a forum.

FizixRichard, Jan 25, 2012 IP