1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wp permalinks

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Honeybee1, Jan 22, 2012.

Hi, I have installed WP and selected the option to have permalinks as post name. After doing this I am told to update .htaccess file, which I do. But regardless, the individual post names will not work.
    Any ideas on why that could be?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

Honeybee1, Jan 22, 2012 IP
  2. waziuz

waziuz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure the .htaccess is writable by the server. Temporarily change the .htaccess file to 666 and then save the settings inside wordpress and then revert back to 644.

waziuz, Jan 22, 2012 IP
    Honeybee1 likes this.
  3. SniperSoft

SniperSoft Member

Best Answers:
    make mod for read write on in .htaccess file and change permalinks settings in general options !!

SniperSoft, Jan 23, 2012 IP
    Honeybee1 likes this.
  4. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you using a addon like Dean's Permalinks Migration or Advanced Permalinks? If you are disable both of these, go to permalinks in Wordpress, reset to default and save. Load your blog and make sure it is loading pages properly. Then once that is working, go back and enter /%postname%.html and it should work. I have experienced this many times... and most of the time the addons are too blame.

If this fixed it but you still need the plugins for 301 redirect old permalink structure send me a PM and i'll try and help you get that fixed too.

visio, Jan 23, 2012 IP
    Honeybee1 likes this.
  5. Honeybee1

Honeybee1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OK, got it and thanks, they now work. Appreciate the help.

Honeybee1, Jan 23, 2012 IP
  6. Dywaz

Dywaz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Today I started to manage the old blog, 2-3 years of age. All pages are indexed by search engines. Many of the post names and addresses are worthless. I'd like it to be keywords. If now I change the address and the names of articles, there is trouble with indexing?

Dywaz, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  7. waziuz

waziuz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use the redirection plugin

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/redirection/

And configure it to 301 redirect the old permalinks. However, play it safe and check properly if the plugin works out for you as per your needs.

waziuz, Feb 20, 2012 IP