1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The effect of SOPA, PIPA

Discussion in 'Directories' started by arjolimEh, Jan 21, 2012.

I was reading through Internet today and i came though Sopa & Pipa.

For those who are not aware, about SOPA & PIPA they can read it here or watch here. What do you think about these laws? What effect will these law have on a Web Directory?. If they got voted by senate?

arjolimEh, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  2. mhtkur

mhtkur Peon

Best Answers:
    the internet will become uninteresting but even offensive for some one who speaks freely, but thanks to american congress, now SOPA/PIPA is down.

mhtkur, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  3. samdar

samdar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why in the world such a post is under Directories? Don't you read the terms of DP?

samdar, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  4. navneetsau

navneetsau Guest

Best Answers:
    There is no need to worry about them. They got down now.

navneetsau, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  5. stinker

stinker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Because OP question (which i guess you have misreaded) was "What effect will these law have on a Web Directory?".

I am also interested how/if it can affect Directories.

Is this project just postponed or gone for good?

This is what i found on internet:

"""
    1/20/2012
    Earlier today Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said he would delay a cloture vote on the Protect IP (Intellectual Property) Act (PIPA) bill and Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Tex.) announced he will postpone further action on the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA). On January 14th the White House’s announced its refusal to support the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA)."""

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
    stinker, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  6. JPC-Sabrina

JPC-Sabrina Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know how this might affect directories. A brief search doesn't return any results specific to directories. If the directory is a link to content that may be copyrighted than the effect could be significant not unlike it would be for everyone else. Overall it can have a severe negative impact across the industry from bloggers to social networks. Make your voice heard and take an active stance on this issue.

JPC-Sabrina, Jan 24, 2012 IP