1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New site, how to launch?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by dastuff, Nov 9, 2006.

I have a new site that will end up having about 2000 pages (initially)... then it will be added too periodically...

Is it a bad idea for me to come out basically w/ all 2k pages, b/c will Google see it as a spam site or something... I'm already out of the sandbox (on a splash page type thing) b/c i've had the site for awhile, so that's not what i'm worried about...

Is it better to say, comeout w/ 1000 pages (or less), then add 1000 over like the first month then continue?

Thanks for help w/ my gameplan.

~Dastuff

dastuff, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  2. wizardofx

wizardofx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    2000 pages? How can you come up with 2000 pages?
    Where does all this content come from?

I am impressed

wizardofx, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  3. allreal

allreal Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are already out of the sandbox why should 2000 matter now. Publish them and started getting some backlings. Is it dupe content?

allreal, Nov 9, 2006 IP
    dastuff likes this.
  4. clenard

clenard Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would give your users new content daily and start out with a lower amount of Pages. Just my opinion. :)

clenard, Nov 9, 2006 IP
    dastuff likes this.
  5. dastuff

dastuff Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry it took awhile to get back here (to be honest kind of forgot about it)..

This is sort of what I had planned to do...

It is not exactly dupe content (but a low percentage is from wikipedia pages)...

But mainly it's a new-ish site. I'm not worried about getting pegged with the dupe content filter though, it is leaps and bounds away from most of the other sites of its kind.

Thanks for the answers guys :D

dastuff, Nov 10, 2006 IP