1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Going crazy! Ranking in Google, but 2 - 3 visits a day!!!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by david-beauty, Jan 21, 2012.

Hi guys,

I'm ranking in Google, third place in the organic search, for my main keyword phrase - the phrase is receiving 1600 global searches, monthly, acconrding to Google Keyword tool. It's about a product name.. But the problem is that I just receive 3, or 2 visits to my blog site!! I use Google Analytics to track my visits. Any help pleaze?

Any idea?!!

Best,
    David

david-beauty, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  2. mridu

mridu Peon

Best Answers:
    what is the phrase? probably you are not ranking where you think you are. while you search the keyword in Google, make sure that you are not logged in. it is also possible that the tool which is indicating the global searches is not indicating the correct value. keywords tool mess up sometimes. i have come across situations similar to your many times. see if anyone has done ppc for that phrase? also see if the other website ranking with that phrase are the same competitors of yours, who also ranks around you on other phrases too?

mridu, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  3. david-beauty

david-beauty Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yess, I see there are a couple of sites ranking for the same "Expression" product name.. And yes, it's a clickbank product, actually it's 1600 global searches for the "Expression"!!

david-beauty, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  4. BoBo_184

BoBo_184 Peon

Best Answers:
    1600 global search is a very low search volume?

not everyone who make that search will click on your website... there are 10 websites on each page... and some people might have searched that term by mistake or trying to find something else...

it would help if you can try targeting a few more keywords that have more global search volume...

you can use google webmaster tool to track the impression and clicks coming from the search engine and see whether the problem lies with low impression or low CTR

BoBo_184, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  5. louis d

louis d Member

Best Answers:
    1600 searches is low, think about it like this... you are ranked 3 for your keyword term... so there are another two above you... and seven under you on google...

the other pages ranking will be getting some of the 1600 too. So thats 400 searches a week...

split that between just you and the top ranking guys for your keyword... so lets say you are getting around 135 of the searches.. split that by seven days... It does not add up to much... but should be a little more than what you are getting...

louis d, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  6. smileverse

smileverse Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on the google website address i.e. google.com, google.co.in, google.co.uk etc (results are vary country to country). google keyword tools only show the approximate value on avg basis.

smileverse, Jan 21, 2012 IP