1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The 2012 US Presidential Election - Who will run, Who will win???

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Corwin, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Do you look at unemployment, state of economy or who's got best plan going forward from the choices I have in front of me?

I vote on number 3. That is RP or Obama imho.

Bushranger, Jan 13, 2012 IP
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    What, are you kidding? Unemployment is already down to 8.6% and if you listen to Wasserman-Schlutz, it's lower than when Obama took office...

Mia, Jan 13, 2012 IP
  3. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Debbie Wasserman-Schultz...... mmmmm... picturing a ball gag and a leather zipper mask.

The 8.6% number suffers from the structural problem of ignoring hundreds of thousands who have given up. Everytime the unemployment number drops, it is accompanied by 50,000 to 200,000 long term unemployed people who have given up looking, despite the fact the real number of people wanting to work is actually growing.

If the economy shows any real sign of improving, hundreds of thousands of unemployed people who aren't part of the 8.6% figure will start looking for work. It could send the unemployment number well over 10% without adding or losing a single job.

Perhaps Debbie thinks those people are just going to die, go away, or give up for good. My guess is that she is hoping and praying for our stagnant economy to drive another 1% of the unemployed out of the workforce number before election day, so she can sing the praises of Barack's economic genius, and talk up the "Obama recovery".

Obamanation, Jan 13, 2012 IP
  4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Absolutely spot on assessment of REALITY.

You left out one small factor...

SEASONAL EMPLOYMENT.... Which accounted for an incremental boost in the overall "employment" numbers rising. But they are TEMPORARY>>>>

Democrat = bull shit artist.

Mia, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  5. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Let's see what unemployment is for January 2012. It's probably going to be over 9% again.

Corwin, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:

I bet it goes down to 8.1 or so.... Many of those season jobs have not ended or at least have not been entered into the ranks of unemployed. Keep in mind, many that took the seasonal jobs where no longer on the job roles, or unemployment roles anymore anyway...

If anything there should be NO change.

Based on what I know about business, running one, living in this current economy both as consumer and business owner, I can tell you that unemployment stands at about 19 to 22% in reality.

Mia, Jan 17, 2012 IP
  7. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. What is it exactly that you know??? I am afraid you won´t be able to answer this question since it wil be too short for a post and the forum will not accept it. :)

Can I quote your posts from another thread about depression to show how much you know without you running to moderators and complaining that I have quoted your posts? :)

gworld, Jan 17, 2012 IP
  8. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I remember that when the official "unemployment rate" (U-3 index) was 9.7%, the figure for "real unemployment" (U-6 index) was 16.6%.

For December 2011, U-6 was a discouraging 15.2%.
    http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t15.htm

MSN Article Explaining the difference (from Bing cache)

Corwin, Jan 17, 2012 IP
  9. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You're still here?

The unemployment rate is whatever Obama says it is...;)

Mia, Jan 17, 2012 IP
  10. Install

Install Member

Best Answers:
    Actually this is hard to predict the results but as I said previous I would be glad if republicans win.

Install, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  11. sunfyre7896

sunfyre7896 Peon

Best Answers:

You guys are leaving out the huge number that aren't counted. That's right. All of the people that either haven't applied for unemployment or those that have exhausted their year long benefits, yet are still unemployed are NOT counted. The government only uses those that are getting unemployment benefits, while discounting the others because those that fall off, apparently, magically got a job overnight. You can increase the unemployment rate by probably 50% at the least. Personally, I know quite a few people still unemployed or vastly underemployed (a side job here and there but not really employed) and can't get any more benefits.

sunfyre7896, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  12. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You mean there could actually be people that have been unemployed so long that they are no longer counted? No, really? That just cannot be true. Obama is president, he would not let that happen.

Gas prices up 86% since he took office 3 years ago and he says no to pipeline that would lower cost and add 20,000 jobs..

Hmm..

Mia, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  13. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Do you want a lower price of gas? It is a very easy solution that will not cost a penny. Just stop the state of continuous war and crisis that USA has established in the world, bring troops home and in less that 1 year, you will have price of barrel of oil at about $25 again but then the oil companies can not make their extra profit, so it will not happen.

gworld, Jan 19, 2012 IP
  14. Bakai

Bakai Guest

Best Answers:
    Seriously now, who here wants another negro as prez??? Not I.

Bakai, Jan 19, 2012 IP
    Mia likes this.
  15. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    10 points for honesty I guess. -20 for the sentiment though.

Bushranger, Jan 19, 2012 IP
  16. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You're so out of touch.

Mia, Jan 19, 2012 IP
  17. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Though it may seem in bad taste, the reality is, Obama has likely ruined the chances of another African American candidate assuming command of the Presidency.

Mia, Jan 19, 2012 IP
  18. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Naah, I dont think so. We've elected plenty of white dumbasses to various offices but we keep doing it.

That said, I do hope he has ruined the chance of him ever serving their again. Not thinking anyones ever gonna look at the Obama years wistfully long for "the good old days"... with a possible exception of the guys that've profited greatly from the massive but wasted funds he's tossed around like loose change. *

* the end result being failed companies like Soylendra run by the well connected who accepted 520 million taxpayer dollars only to be unable to account for where it went, now theyre taking the 5th amendment in court.

Or taxpayer funds handed the Fiskar car company with the promise it'd return billions of dollars in jobs.
    FTR, it did create jobs, which would be more helpful if the jobs created hadnt been in Finland.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/car-company-us-loan-builds-cars-finland/story?id=14770875#.TxhDn28V10A

Last time a lot of supposedly enlightened guys voted for this twit to prove they were not racists.
    Hopefully this time they'll vote for his opponent to prove they aren't idiots.

robjones, Jan 19, 2012 IP
  19. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You got that right...

Somehow I doubt that too. My kid asked me if I thought people who voted for him that are angry would now vote for someone else. I explained to him that once you're digging in a hole and you've got no way out but down, you're gonna keep digging anyway.

And while they are taking the 5th they are still to this day receiving bonuses from a defunct company.

Jobs are like money and water.. They don't just disappear. They simply move and become something else.
    [/quote]

The last time around they voted out of pure white guilt. This time around they will vote out of sheer desperate stupidity.

What other choice do they have?

Mia, Jan 19, 2012 IP
  20. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    Is that the conservative philosophy? A normal person would start digging sideways, making steps to climb out again.

Bushranger, Jan 19, 2012 IP