1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How page rank of a site and traffic of the site are related?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by praniali, Jan 18, 2012.

Hi everyone,

This question may sound idiotic to you SEO guys but I have started learning these things lately, I am little confused now. As the title says, I really want to know what is more important-- PR rank or traffic or both to earn money from a site by advertising or by affiliate marketing.

Are these two closely related? :confused:

I have heard Link building and content creation helps to increase PR, are these processes also used to increase traffic?

Thanks for your time and your answer will be a great help to me.

praniali, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  2. Prasseo

Prasseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Traffic is increased when you start building links through other related web sites to your web site, Generally Search Engines pick some of the quality backlinks and will be placed as baklinks once if you can build more and more quality links then your PR will be updated.

Prasseo, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  3. parker1234

parker1234 Peon

Best Answers:
    Page rank is very much related to site traffic . As the site traffic increases page rank automatically enhances.

parker1234, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  4. Recruitment Nick

Recruitment Nick Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Complete garbage. at the last update I had a site go from PR5 to PR2, but it is currently getting roughly 300% of the traffic it was getting as a PR5.

Recruitment Nick, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  5. Recruitment Nick

Best Answers:
    PR is ONLY of use if you are looking to sell links or your site as some people (oddly) still set store by it.

Even by their own admission Google's PR is only a VERY small factor in ranking a site. It is not worth your time considering.

Build links, develop content and drive traffic. Your PR will follow, but it is of very, very little use

6. Anna Howard

Anna Howard Peon

Best Answers:
    Page Rank of your website is directly proportional to traffic, more the traffic more would be the Page Rank hence more the chances of getting your website ranked with in the search engine....

Anna Howard, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  7. Recruitment Nick

Best Answers:
    And you base this on what? I can provide many, many examples of sites having more traffic than others, despite having lower PR.

People just seem to repeat the same garbage myths everytime the question of PR is wheeled out

8. blacknet

blacknet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly, I've been a web developer for over a decade, I make gov and NGO websites, I make and manage websites that are in the top 1k in the world, I work heavily with w3c standardizing the web specs, I've been a domain finder for private investors and the biggest domain brokerage company around, and not once, ever have I seen anybody give any stock to pagerank, or even know what there pagerank is. It's an arbitrary number that means nothing at all, yet people are being ripped off under this myth that it actually means something.

The last site I made is now 10 days old, on a brand new .org domain, it has 97% organic traffic, over 1k uv per day, 2.5k page views, 291k pages indexed and is making me $3-4 a day already - no backlinks, no bookmarks, no anything other than submitting a sitemap to google under webmaster tools. So how, in all of that is PageRank, or any of this other bullshit, a factor?

blacknet, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  9. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Years ago PageRank used to carry a considerable amount of weight. Nowadays it seems to be a minor factor in rankings. Its importance has declined steadily. 5+ years ago I was among the majority of webmasters who were really caught up with: "What is my PR?" Nowadays, no. In fact, after I type this I'm going to go look it up and see what my PR is. I actually don't know and don't care today. :D

EDIT: Just checked. The home page is PR3. And I'm getting more traffic now than when it used to be PR5.

Jim4767, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  10. kylelawrence

kylelawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    What is important nowadays is unique content. There are sites that are high in PR but do not appear in search engine results pages.

kylelawrence, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  11. praniali

praniali Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone that was really helpful for me. Thank you all.

praniali, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  12. smileverse

smileverse Peon

Best Answers:
    I can simply say that "The PR is more important thing to get more traffic to our site from the search engines"

smileverse, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  13. Matt-APEXCGI

Matt-APEXCGI Peon

Best Answers:
    I think page rank is not very important for your own website, page rank matters when you get backlinks, you get backlinks from better PR sites you get upper rank in google.

Matt-APEXCGI, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  14. dkhandelwal

dkhandelwal Peon

Best Answers:
    there is no direct relationship between PR and traffic. Basis the site linking back to you their PR gets transferred to your site and this can help you get better visibility on Google for those targetted keywords and basis that you can get more SEO traffic. But if you feel that you have high PR and hence you will get high traffic that will not be the case..

dkhandelwal, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  15. donaldsmith

donaldsmith Peon

Best Answers:
    Page Rank relates to traffic and there is no doubt about that. There are 100+ factors when it comes to search engine optimization and each factor is with its own priority. Page Rank like the definition says that it defines the priority of a web page among the vast number of web pages available over World Wide Web. Google certainly ranks your website high if your page rank is high, if your page rank is high and you are ranking high in Google, certainly it can be beneficial to drive traffic for your website as well.

I have already stated there are hundred plus factors you need to take care for all of them.

donaldsmith, Jan 19, 2012 IP
  16. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    PR is one of hundreds of factors that determine rankings, so there is not much of a correlation between PR and traffic. High PR sites can have low traffic and vice versa.

dcristo, Jan 19, 2012 IP