1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's your MLM?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by iluminatus, Jan 4, 2012.

How many of you are part of an MLM ?
    Which one and how many years have you been with them ?
    Are you succeeding or failing ?

iluminatus, Jan 4, 2012 IP
  2. B r u z z y

B r u z z y Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Are they still alive? In my opinion MLM boom was finished several years ago.

B r u z z y, Jan 4, 2012 IP
  3. tjcreation

tjcreation Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never been in an MLM, but my sister was part of Market America. She did pretty well selling their weight loss products through holding local seminars. It was a ton of work though!

tjcreation, Jan 5, 2012 IP
  4. datamonkey

datamonkey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I also thought MLM died in the 90's?

I have always been intrigued by these programs but never really taken part. The theory behind them is good but they have such a bad reputation it's hard getting people on board!

datamonkey, Jan 5, 2012 IP
  5. kworthington

kworthington Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My husband is going to start with ACN in the next few months. Hopefully it goes well... he is good at sales, so I think it will be good!

kworthington, Jan 5, 2012 IP
  6. iluminatus

iluminatus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually there are tons of MLM still out there.
    Some of them are doing really great.Especially nowadays when more and more people stay at home and want to make a living from there.

iluminatus, Jan 8, 2012 IP
  7. giotech

giotech Member

Best Answers:
    MLM is a dieing breed, however there are some people adding some unique twists to keep it going. TBH though, you can make more money in the long run, and have less angry people to deal with.

giotech, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  8. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have tried MLM a long time ago and I did really well. (When I was about 14 years old)
    However, even if I was able to get like 30 people in to my downline, it didn't mean that
    they would stay there for long, because they in turn sucked at referring people and therefore they opted out.

MLM is a hard business where only the 1%-2% of the top users benefits from it good enough to make a living of it.
    I would not advice anyone to start nowadays since it's not very popular anymore.

Wulkanen, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  9. xenon121

xenon121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    forget mlm marketing, try affiliate marketing, it is now the best way to earn quick money.

xenon121, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  10. smileverse

smileverse Peon

Best Answers:
    MLM is a not a fair method to all. Some may be succeeded but not all. If someone succeeded in MLM its nothing but we made some one loss (if he is not able to work like how successful person did).

smileverse, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  11. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope it goes well for you.

You do have a couple of little potential obstacles to overcome, there.

Women do better in MLM than men do, overall, and people from a sales background do tend - overall - not to be quite as successful as those from some other groups. Statistically, teachers do far better than sales people, some of whom find it a little difficult to adjust.

The problem with "closing a lot of sponsorships" (i.e. signing up large numbers of people, as salesmen tend to, by habit) is that in MLM this can mean you end up recruiting a lot of people for whom the opportunity isn't actually suitable. And that just wastes your own time, in the long term.

The entry-barriers to MLM are unfortunately set so low that (especially in this economy) people will try it "in desperation", and those people are never going to be successful, really.

Although one or two specific techniques from sales backgrounds may certainly be useful, it's really a totally different ball-game.

In short, salespeople tend to take a "numbers game" approach to it, and MLM simply doesn't and won't work that way, though the learning curve is long and complicated, and it takes many people a year or two to appreciate this.

I did just about manage to make a living from it, for a year or so, myself - but it wasn't really for me, and I have to say (with 3 years' hindsight, now) that I'm very glad I got out of it.

Wishing you good luck!

alexa_s, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  12. gepong2000

gepong2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    been with an MLM company for more than 3years now. i can say i am successful with it because i don't have to pay for my monthly maintenance products (payment comes from my commission) which my family needed and the remaining commission which i am receiving every month via atm issued by the company is really a big help. I only have around 500 downlines to date in which around 100 are active and regularly buying the health products.

gepong2000, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  13. jjfighter

jjfighter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been with Market America for 3 years, but it's NOT an MLM. The compensation works completely differently then in an MLM and it's not competitive like an MLM. The way I like it is that I work with a team of people who support me and I support them. For example, online marketers like ourselves are amazing at using online marketing methods to generate an income and leads. Market America allows you to use tools and methods that easily allow you to integrate your current strategies and make easy one-time profit and ongoing profit. I basically then leverage my other team members to help build some other aspects of the business.

I'll be honest, I've been marketing online for over 11 years. I've made a great profit from my martial arts websites and products, I've sold websites for big chunks of change, I've done well in affiliate marketing, and I'm lucky enough to actually work from home doing online marketing as well as my opening my new jiu-jitsu school.

But, Market America "plugs" into what I do so easily that's becoming a very solid source of revenue that is beginning to rival some of my other sources of marketing very quickly. I suspect that in 6 months it'll be even stronger. My cousin who is basically my brother and team member has also been doing this for three years. It's amazing how quickly they're growing and I'm riding with them. They were actually just featured at a conference because of how fast they were growing.

If you need "proof", just message me and I can show you.

But, I do NOT suggest other MLMs. They're shady and not worth it. Look at Market America's track record and growth. Plus, they just bought shop.com and the earning potential there is SICK - especially with some integration with Social Media.

So, long story short, MLMs suck, but a company like Market America (which is considered an MLM), I'd say give it a fair shot.

Again, if you have questions, give shoot me a message.

jjfighter, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  14. joomdev

joomdev Member

Best Answers:
    1 year, Monavie, I am not active, just stop sponsoring..stop selling//still 100usd/week .

joomdev, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  15. www_HypeFree_com

www_HypeFree_com Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have Numis Network and SendFastCards.com

www_HypeFree_com, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  16. blueboxer

blueboxer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here is a link with the top companies:
    http://www.nexera.com/top25/

You can succeed in MLM, it's just A LOT of work and a lot of brainwashing and non ethical ways of getting people to join your downline.

blueboxer, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  17. jjfighter

jjfighter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You don't see market america on there, because it is not an MLM.

jjfighter, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  18. karthick9

karthick9 Member

Best Answers:
    MLM means Multi Level Marketing is it???

karthick9, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  19. John Mac

John Mac Peon

Best Answers:
    Alexa some great info there.

MLM or Network Marketing is the fastest growing method of doing business in the world. Its turnover is in Billions of Dollars - so definately not dying. Donald Trump is one of its many admirers not to mention the late great Jim Rohn.

I've been doing it a couple of years, slow for me but's that's down to me rather than the company I'm with. Done properly you can make some serious money. A word of warning, I've noticed some people promoting a MLM company on this forum where they claim you can make lots of money by sponsoring new people. This is not how MLM works, there has to be a legitimate product or service that customers will want, earning money just for sponsoring is harking back to the old pyramid days. Pyramid selling was made illegal many years ago.

John Mac, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  20. blogspot

blogspot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what is the best online mlm?

blogspot, May 29, 2012 IP