1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Iran kills another of it's own nuclear scientists

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Obamanation, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Orale! Better to be a Chicano in the US. than a Quebecois in Canada, N'est-ce pas?

Obamanation, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  2. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It brings me back to a sole 'paper' passport that somehow survived a burning plane and huge skyscraper's collapse that led investigators to 'know' who did 9/11 so certainly. Shonky evidence will always be questioned, on both sides. Doesn't mean it's wrong though. In fact the sillier the brief of evidence it seems the more we all believe it. "Has to be true...who'da thunk that up!"

I'd change the word US into the Allies as we are in this paradigm together, and add, that's only what they admit to. Can you just imagine what happens undercover on our side that we don't know about?

Bushranger, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  3. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    I think you wrongly take the stance against people questioning or having a go at the US. If you tell your daughter off do you love her any less?

4. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    You honestly believe a single paper passport is the only evidence we have/had that led us to Bin Laden/Sheik Mohammad?

I couldn't legitimately compare my daughter to Hitler for profanity. Or stealing. Or killing someone in self defense. Or killing someone in a rage. Or cold blooded murder. Or killing 10 people in cold blood. Or killing 100 people in cold blood. Love aside, there is a certain bar that must be passed to make such idiotic comparisons. It is the very reason Godwin's law exists.

Who are you, and what have you done with Bushranger?!!

5. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    Umm, well actually no, but some do. Though I do believe that event was twisted to suit the allies' needs.

Now, do you honestly believe WE didn't blow up that scientist? :)

No, not really idiotic comparisons. Just pointing out you can still tell off / argue against someone you love's ideals without losing any love. Many happily decry what our government's doing in our name but just because they do you can't say they're anti-US.

Hello. As if i'm really ever going to side with a fanatical religious regime that wants me dead!

6. 1812

1812 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Israel are the ones to worry about.. We've already seen just how eager they are to illegally occupy someone else's home land...

1812, Jan 16, 2012 IP
    karimazani likes this.
  7. ipostmedia

ipostmedia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Woah, don't say that man. Obamanation will eat you alive here.

Well, we all know the truth, but no mainstream media covering the story. All we heard, Palestinians are the terrorists for trying to defend their land.

ipostmedia, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  8. 1812

1812 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know that already.. That's why I do it.. he's just to easy to 'hook in' ;-)

1812, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  9. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    I don't think we do. Everyone has their own version of the truth, yet there can be only one.

10. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Covert operations primarily are the US specialty isn't it and in the middle east it is the US and Israel that are very well known for this 'covert operations'.
    I would like to see the US say that the Iraq invasion was a mistake. Then the press can say "As it turns out, we killed em" just like that.

popotalk, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  11. ipostmedia

ipostmedia Active Member

Best Answers:
    My mistake then. You're right, everyone has their own version. What's yours if I may ask?

12. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    On this matter? Covert Israeli job (with allied sanction though possibly without allied knowledge of this particular event).

Realistically, I have no idea what the truth of it is. I think I would have done the same, being in their position, and I think that's where the allies are coming from too.

I don't like nor agree with what Israel's doing to the Palestinians but I do believe in Israel's right to exist (within 1967 borders) and I do back their stance against an interfering Iran. I can't see why Iran is sticking it's nose into Israeli business and I believe Iran is the biggest aggressor there.

13. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    That is a legitimate argument, but lets not forget that my response was to Popo, who made a whole variety of ridiculous allegations. There is a reasonably good case to be made for the idea that going into Iraq was a mistake. I just rarely see people present it reasonablly. Instead, they opt to ramble down the isle of speculation and ridiculous conspiracy theories

Not at all! Donald Trump is illegally occupying my home, so I can completely sympathize with what 1812 is getting at here!

I'm fairly certain that Barack Obama says exactly that every time he speaks about it. I think he is about the closest thing you are going to gge as a mouthpeice for the US. Of course George Bush will never say that, and he has arguably good reason to take that position. As far as the US saying anything, the US doesn't have a mouth, so it doesn't speak. Other than that, opinions vary.

14. Mikaël2

Mikaël2 Member

Best Answers:
    Israeli business? I thought Israel is the one making threats to bomb Iran's nuclear facilities?:confused: Its also going around the world and convincing other nations to put sanctions on Iran, what do we call this? An act of war.

Just so you know, Hezbollah are not Iranian, they are Lebanese.

Mikaël2, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  15. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of all Im not russian, secondly I do believe that the chechen war was for independence (and Im 2 hours drive from Chechnya), but after that they started to bomb because they dont have any other option (plus they recruit other local nations too under jihad philosophy, not only chechens, but this has gone too radical and I do not support this at all). That makes them so called "terrorists", when you watch the video of Nord Ost the guy says I came to moscow to tell : get your troops back home from chechnya, obviously noone wants to see that video, but it is there online, and back in 90s they were just "freedom fighters" in european and american press. Thirdly, I can see how US changes their statements on 360 degrees from freedom fighters to terrorists, which is not good.

Im talking about recent times, so why US stopped "worrying" recently?

Hooray, so you're acting as a world police right? What if I threaten someone now, will I have a US officer knocking my door, I guess no...and u know why? nukes, nukes, nukes! :) Is South Korea not capable to solve its own problems? Or is it just backing the ally? Whom they sold weapons? and which weapons are you talking about? I think Russia sells weapons too, but hey, no one worries?

aircraft carrier? I wish the last one will dissappear too, its a waste of money when u got nukes that will break any defense system, the only need for it is when you play political role like US does, sending all these planes and ships to some weak countries for whatever reason. Russia is not following this path like it did in USSR(Vietnam/Afganistan), we stick to our borders and Im glad.

Since when wikileaks is the source? lol And even if it is true, what happened now? why its so quiet , no winds from US to N. Korea? Did I miss something?

"Russian oppression"? hmmm, lets see:

^ thats from wiki, so you are saying you are against terrorists but then it seems that you defended Mujahideens, do you know who are Mujahideens and what is Jihad? Here we go again:

"To watch the courageous Afghan freedom fighters battle modern arsenals with simple hand-held weapons is an inspiration to those who love freedom."
    — U.S. President Ronald Reagan, March 21, 1983

"freedom fighters", I think Ive heard that somewhere already.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
    N_F_S, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  16. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I won't waste the time to go through the definition of Terrorism wth you. The basic definition hasn't changed, though it has been expanded a bit frighteningly. If you set off bombs in civlian train stations, for the sole purpose of killing civilians you are a terrorist. That much hasn't changed ever.

You said:

"in many cases the nuclear threat stops wars. Its a 50/50. North Korea is an example." How is it an example? How did Nukes help prevent a war with N. Korea? Nukes for the last decade, no nukes for the previous 4 decades, peace the entire time. Explain your statement

Again, read the links. Educate yourself.

Terrific! Click your heels together and wish the worlds problems away. We don't have soviet nukes parked 50 miles off our coast in Cuba because we believe problems don't go away on their own. Its a philosophical difference, but I'm more than happy to let you live with yours if you can let us live with ours.

So you think the Soviets had a legitimate claim to Afghanistan? If so, why do you side with the Chechens now? Weren't you just going on about how happy you are your country is no longer imperialistic? Do me a favor. Pick a story line and stick with it.

/sigh. There it is. You hint at it through your post, but there it is in black in white. Impervious to facts. Thanks for letting me know not to waste my time.

17. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    Those who believe in Armageddon seem intent on working towards it, but, for the sake of debate...

After how much provocation? We must also not forget many, including myself, are blaming the US and Israel for this assassination without a shred of evidence except a perceived motive, though I guess one would need to enjoy the thought of nuclear proliferation to disagree with what has happened.

The way I see it, YOU are God. Iranians don't understand this, nor it seems they ever will. As the west is getting closer to the truth the whole Midde East is not, can not, and doesn't want to. I will take an enlightened country over a despotic one every time.

There is much to not-like about the allies way of doing things as much gets lost in translation when orders move from one man to another, each with differing agendas but, given that, there's much more to not-like about fundamentalist-led nations who stone their women for being raped, torture and hang homos for their sexuality and a myriad of other transgressions because their long-dead Muhammed said so. I pause to think how many allies agree with those policies and do not doubt they exist. Lucky the remaining 99%, that's those with a brain, shoot down those stupid ideals every time.

Israelis themselves even point out and ridicule their own fundamentalists as we saw over christmas but do Muslims? I can't cite Obamanation for speaking out against them as I don't actually believe he is one.

The international community is entitled to hit Iran with sanctions if they please. Who you trade with is your own business. Iran has full rights not to sell their oil to its enemies too though to survive I would think it will need to stay friendly with Russia & China.

Does Iran know how many homos are in Russia? God love em! :)

Now they have secured Iraqi oil, the right and wrongs of that being another story, the Allies are entitled to be sick of financing a likely war on themselves I guess.

Iran and Syria both actively support anti-Israel terrorist groups to attack Israel as they did against Iraq & Afghanistan. It is no angel. Can you really say hand-on-heart this is not the case?

As for Israel itself harboring nuclear weapons, where is the proof? I can see where a rumour like that would be beneficial to their health but, apart from the Vela Incident I haven't seen evidence that such weapons do exist.

With Israel being a tiny little place surrounded by enemies on all sides would the allies really allow for its enemies to get hold of them ?

18. ipostmedia

ipostmedia Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think we can stop debating now. Some people support the idea of Iran kills their own scientist and some don't. As for me, I don't believe it because if I were Iran government, I would want my scientists to be alive in order to complete the nuclear weapon as soon as possible and not provoking the enemies to start a war when I'm not in the upperhand position (not ready yet). I don't think both sides have evidence but they just keep pointing fingers at each others. What's the point of having the war? To ruin the planet? Can't we just have a peaceful life together?

19. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I've read Iran has made arrests for the killing of the nuclear scientist. Guilty or not, I'm sure they'll be tortured until they confess.

On a side note:

Iran just outlawed Barbie.

Rebecca, Jan 17, 2012 IP
  20. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    Do they have access to Gitmo?

boblord666, Jan 17, 2012 IP