1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the best way to get noticed by other businesses in your area?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by pushdotplay, Jan 16, 2012.

Hi I am a small business owner and wanting to promote my business to a lot more businesses in my area and have looked into a lot of sources for this but would like to some expert advice from professionals who have already tackled this problem, or individuals with knowledge on the subject. I look forward to your posts and your advice on the subject.

pushdotplay, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  2. quadxnet

quadxnet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'd recommend sending out relevant postcards to the type of businesses that you want to do business with. I would not send it out to every business around, just the ones that you think would be your ideal type of client.

quadxnet, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  3. John Green

John Green Peon

Best Answers:
    I am certantly not an expert, far from it, I try more and more to gain face to face marketing now then ever before, it is hard to put a actual cost on it, as, it does have a cost, time you are potentially wasting, but with Web Services, face to face does really well for me.

Personally I prefer working for my self, but it is nice to pick up a easy job or a few grand when out shopping.

John Green, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  4. SchmitzIT

SchmitzIT Member

Best Answers:
    Online, regional ad-words could work. Off-line, you can try local newspapers, the chamber of commerce, the tourist office, yellow pages, restaurants popular for business lunches, or just physically walking into their store. Another approach would be sponsoring or organizing a small initiative for charity, etc.

Good luck.

SchmitzIT, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  5. 5Twenty

5Twenty Peon

Best Answers:
    Why type of service do you offer, and have you defined your target market yet? If you want good suggestions we need a little more.

5Twenty, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  6. PCOnline

PCOnline Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like a good way to do it if you ask me :)

PCOnline, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  7. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Go visit them. Talk to them. Find out what they need done that you can do. Keep coming back every 4 weeks.

mmerlinn, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  8. majon

majon Peon

Best Answers:
    We have built a local Marketing platform specifically for local businesses. You can add your business if we don't have it already and in 90% of the cases you will win the first page of Google. Go Search Google for Newspapers companies in Newport, Maine
    or manufacturing goleta ca Once you create a profile throw a couple back links at it to speed up indexing and you will be getting organic leads in no time. You can click the Report tab to see the Stats of your visitors and calls placed to your business.

majon, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  9. pushdotplay

pushdotplay Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi thanks for your advice found it helpful. We are a design agency who gets work around the UK but want to try and get more local clients. We are considering the postcard idea (A4 folded - A5) with information regarding us and our services both inside and out. As well as the postcard we are thinking it might be a good idea to attach a custom branded usb stick on the outside with examples our work in folders. We believe this would add a personal touch to the cards and allow potential clients to see what we can do. We will then post some of the cards to customers that reside outside the city we think may be interested, the ones in the city we plan to visit personally. What does everyone think to this idea and any advice of how we can improve on it, we are open to all ideas?

pushdotplay, Jan 16, 2012 IP