1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need opinion on "Login" and "Sign up" fields

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by printex, Jan 14, 2012.

Hi, I'm about to do the unthinkable. Create a website that sells products (books in this case) using only HTML. I would like to ask the members here how they personally feel when they visit a website to purchase a product for say $30. or less and are asked to "Login," become a "Member," create a password etc -just to buy something as basic as a book.

I feel it impedes the online buying process and personally, I avoid buying from sites that I feel are trying to manipulate me -unless of course I absolutely have no other choice and there are no other alternatives.

I'm curious if it's just me or there are others who feel the same way as I do.

Thanks for your feedback.

printex, Jan 14, 2012 IP
  2. mazhar1986

mazhar1986 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm really wondering why ur making it hard for your self,
    just use joomla or wordperss!!!

if you insist on coding urself then i'd suggest to use php with mysql.....

mazhar1986, Jan 14, 2012 IP
  3. McCoyH

McCoyH Member

Best Answers:
    @Mazhar1986... I don't think that is quiet what he was asking..
    In my option, yes to me it does push me away from the sale when I have to make an account with certain things such as books or other material items. But if I were purchasing a web template or a service on the internet I would rather sign up for an account, that way if I lose the file or service records I can simply login to my account and redownload them or access the records.
    So, to answer your question: If I were you I would avoid requiring your customers to make an account.

McCoyH, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  4. wiicker95

wiicker95 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you can just show up your products on different .HTML pages, and then just add a contact button, or a submit form, with product ID, quantity, payment method, etc. It's as easy as that :)

wiicker95, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  5. umeshkumar

umeshkumar Active Member

Best Answers:
    For online products CMS is the best option and you can use Joomla as it has so many features and easy to maintain

umeshkumar, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  6. NothingLikeThis

NothingLikeThis Member

Best Answers:
    you must go with flipkart.com and its concept

NothingLikeThis, Jan 15, 2012 IP