1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Am I disadvantaged if I don't install Google Analytics code

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by zekin, Dec 30, 2011.

Hi all,

I personally don't like Google Analytics and use something else to do web statistic. So my question is, am I disadvantaged in terms of gaining PR just because I don't use Google Analytics and so Google can't analyze my site (in case it's a high traffic site) to honour PR?

I have no idea how PR is granted but I can assume web traffic is one of the factors.

Thanks.

zekin, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  2. cyndrelli

cyndrelli Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think google cares if you're using them or not, they do count you as higher pr if you submit a site map in google webmaster tools. I have heard that. I have been trying to get google analytics to work for months now off and on, I submitted the code in my index page but google ana is still not picking it up it's not there when i login. So I do not know.

cyndrelli, Dec 31, 2011 IP
  3. naveenjosh

naveenjosh Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, It does't matters you are using google analytic or any other google products/services. If your web- pages deserve PR, it will get it. Google analytics is an application to track your traffic with various visitors behaviors and Google Webmaster tools is an application for traking your pages errors, content keywords, various site errors, backlinks etc.. Submission of sitemap in Google is a way of letting google know about our all pages through which google easily visit pages and index them. It does not matters if there is any page not listed in your sitemap will not indexed by google. Sooner or latter once google find the page will index it.. So fell free about your web-page PR.. If you deserve you will get it..

naveenjosh, Jan 2, 2012 IP
  4. Ceesie

Ceesie Peon

Best Answers:
    It would be the end for Google as a business if things like that would happen and come out in public. Analytics is meant for you not for Google! Of course google uses the info when you have Analytics. you give your permission for it. But they can never do things like not giving you pr for not having Analytics installed.

Ceesie, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  5. zekin

zekin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Now i am convinced that Analytics won't effect PR. But how about search result? anyone?

zekin, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  6. stella_j

stella_j Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Analytics does not affect your Pr and Serp postiion, its a monitoring system created by Google to track your daily visitors, converstions, traffic sources etc it not concerned with Pr & Serp things. So don't worry about that.

stella_j, Jan 4, 2012 IP
  7. Icecube_media

Icecube_media Peon

Best Answers:
    hi
    no it doest not matter what tool you using, what matter is quality of the site, and the backlinks.

Icecube_media, Jan 4, 2012 IP
  8. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    i believe all the people would said nope but i think it would be influence while search engine do know your traffic , where your link referral and your bounce rate do influence them to analysis the quality of your site.
    Ofcourse you not necessaries to have google analytic in order to gain google trust but it do provide search engine friendly information.

JerrickYeoh, Jan 4, 2012 IP
  9. arun2006th

arun2006th Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Analytics directly don't influence your PR or the way Google rank your site, but it is the best site analytics platform available in the market.

arun2006th, Jan 7, 2012 IP
  10. pollytoast

pollytoast Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Zekin,
    As far as I know this does not affect your rankings at all. I have several blogs and sites that are ranked high, some have Google Analytics and some I just use Hostgators Awstats so as far as any of my sites are corncerned then no, it will not make a difference.
    Regards Polly.

pollytoast, Jan 8, 2012 IP
  11. hbgalaxy

hbgalaxy Member

Best Answers:
    Its for your own benefit if you use it or not, the only benefit you will get is getting detailed stats...

hbgalaxy, Jan 9, 2012 IP
  12. anilpandeycs

anilpandeycs Peon

Best Answers:
    Your PR is independent of whether you install google analytics code or not . Google Analytics is one of many web analytics tools available on internet to track your traffic data.

anilpandeycs, Jan 9, 2012 IP
  13. andersonsjohn

andersonsjohn Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes it wont affect your PR. But as a personal opinion i am depended on Analytics for the traffic. Maybe it doesnt show the proper statistics but as Digital marketer it sure helps ...

andersonsjohn, Jan 10, 2012 IP
  14. martinsteve

martinsteve Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no hard rule that you put analytic code in your site, google won't bother in any case. But my suggestion is that u put the code, because it really heps you where your site is going.

martinsteve, Jan 14, 2012 IP
  15. asdfjklasdfjkl

asdfjklasdfjkl Member

Best Answers:
    I would say that dont' worry or pay attention too much about PR thing. It is just one of 200 or more factors google used to rank a website. And it is not a must to use google analytics . Just use the one that you are comforatable with.

Cheers

asdfjklasdfjkl, Jan 14, 2012 IP
  16. stephen.robert

stephen.robert Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google analytics is not "mandatory"! It is just tool that provides you information regarding so many things. Someone can argue about the results but most of the time, google analytics show very authentic results.

And if you are comparing it with other specific tools, then I must say google analytics is not that much reportive but overall, it is better than anyother free tool.

It doesn't hurt your PR nor your SERP, just an additional service that I think everyone must be using in order to analyze the results the way google do!

stephen.robert, Jan 14, 2012 IP
  17. deepak.pal

deepak.pal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Answer is simply no. Analytics gives you a way to track visitors, customers on your website it has nothing to do with ranking.

deepak.pal, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  18. Peachi

Peachi Peon

Best Answers:
    Analytics has no bearing on PR.

Depending what stats package you do use you could be disadvantaged in another way. If your stats are taken from a package that reads from the server rather tahn the page, if you move server you could lose the data. GA can be taken with you no matter who you host with (assuming you own the Google account it is linked to rather than an SEO company owning it).

Peachi, Jan 19, 2012 IP