1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directories that bring down PR!! Any one found any negative areas?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by aesolone, Jan 11, 2012.

After recent reading i still have not located directories google consider bad, and could possibly effect your PR. Anyone found any?

Trying to boost a site i'm working on a canon copiers site been stuck on PR1 for AGES!!!!!! nightmare

aesolone, Jan 11, 2012 IP
  2. aesolone

aesolone Peon

Best Answers:
    I've found that poor ranking directories that google consider spam do bring pr down.

My latest web project Logooct2010.jpg site has fallen due to this.

aesolone, Jan 11, 2012 IP
  3. topatrank

topatrank Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi dear

I think you should go with the Niche directory. Google giving more importance to these directory. These submissions gives you the themed link and there are more chances for the approval of the directory if you are going with the proper niche of the website.
    All the best

topatrank, Jan 11, 2012 IP
  4. aesolone

aesolone Peon

Best Answers:
    Cheers for that Topatrank.

Any Niche directories in mind?

aesolone, Jan 12, 2012 IP
  5. ipostmedia

ipostmedia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try find them on social-bookmarking site like Digg, Reddit, Technorati, etc. I don't think you'll be able to find a specific niche blog directory unless if it's something to do with Internet marketing.

ipostmedia, Jan 12, 2012 IP
  6. marki8

marki8 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you can try make your own research... just same method that how you searching for keyword...

marki8, Jan 13, 2012 IP
  7. rehash

rehash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should avoid low quality directory networks(link farms like) and you should avoid directories on dropped domains, there's plenty of them.

rehash, Jan 13, 2012 IP
  8. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This topic is a perennial favorite. It comes up from time to time like a bad penny that you can't get rid of.

Someone, usually with an agenda, proclaims that submitting to directories damaged their site(s). They offer very little proof or explanation. Often their site is made for Adsense or Amazon and offers very little value. Often their site is full of article directory and spun content. Quite a few times the text on the site is unreadable spun garbage.

aesolone, I have no idea what sort of site you have. It may be a great site or it might be a total waste of bandwidth.

But, use a bit of logic here. If backlinks could damage a site wouldn't you think that competitors would seek to harm each other by getting backlinks for the site they wish to defeat in the SERPs? I have absolutely no control over whether or not some spam farm site from China links to one of my blogs. The issue of bad neighborhoods has to do with who you link to NOT who links to you.

Your primary focus is upping the PR of your site and you mention directory submission in the same breath. While I don't see how Google could ever know if you or a competitor began purchasing links for the purpose of increasing PR, they do claim to penalize sites who do. Generally, I think they penalize the seller of those links which in turn would decrease the value of those links. If you had been submitting your site to PR peddlers, directories with fake PR and directories on dropped domains, you would see a temporary increase in PR and eventually a decrease when those other sites are penalized.

When it comes to building PR, focus on providing link-worthy content. Work on getting links to pages of your site other than the homepage. Better yet, forget about that silly green bar and just work on creating a good quality site.

YMC, Jan 13, 2012 IP