1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it possible to redirect a subdomain to a different server?

Discussion in 'Apache' started by gornati, Jan 10, 2012.

I have only 1 domain and 1 external IP address, which is pointed to 1 apache server, in the same network there is my mail server which is working fine, and DO have a webmail, webmail is accessible only to user on the intranet, i created a subdomain webmail.ourcompany.com and pointed to the same apache server, i want apache to forward all requisitions to webmail.ourcompany.com to the local server 192.168.5.23.
    i am pretty sure apache can do this, just dont know how...

gornati, Jan 10, 2012 IP
  2. elicitservers

elicitservers Peon

Best Answers:
    Use something known as ProxyPass through the Apache config file, I believe it should lead you in the correct direction. Since it is an internal IP (192.x.x.x), you need to have a proxy that sits on the local network to relay the traffic since the data is only accessible on the internal network.

elicitservers, Jan 10, 2012 IP
  3. gornati

gornati Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, proxypass worked like a charm, i cant post links yet, so i cant post the solution.

gornati, Jan 10, 2012 IP