1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can you upgrade to IE7, and keep the older IE too?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by klown, Nov 8, 2006.

Currently I have IE 6 installed and use that for design testing purposes. I'm wondering how I can upgrade to IE7 and still keep my older IE 6 version intact. I've heard there are some new problems in IE 7 so I assume I'll want to test in that as well as older versions.

Here are some statistics on IE (so this data is only about IE users) use on my site.
    95.37% use IE 6.0
    2.77% use IE7.0
    1.86% use IE 5.5 or lower

This data is from 8,700 visitors over the last month or so.

As you can see the IE7.0 isn't really too large, but at 250 people it represents enough monthly traffic to keep keep designs up to spec.

klown, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  2. Lynn Quario

Lynn Quario Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi Klown

I have IE7 and it does have some nice features like the tabs. I have not had any problems with it but I just recently downloaded Firefox and found it to be a lot easier for organization.

I don't know about having both versions maybe you could save IE6 on a disc. I am not sure if that would work. I have had seperate versions on my desktop of other programs before so I don't know why you couldn't do it for IE.

I hope it works out for you

Lynn

Lynn Quario, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  3. scottwire

scottwire Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't tried them myself but here are a couple of solutions:

http://www.tech-recipes.com/internet_explorer_ie7_tips1188.html

http://tredosoft.com/Multiple_IE

scottwire, Nov 8, 2006 IP