1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Restoration of thread.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by K.Meier, Jan 7, 2012.

Hello,

I had opened a thread of my SEO services in the Link sales section. Unfortunately it had almost no visitors and no replies. Later I opened up the same thread in the services forum directly and it immediately got viewers and several replies.
    People bought several review copies and were about to post their reviews. Now I just received an email with an infraction and both threads have been deleted. (by mistake?)

Is that really necessary that both threads have to be deleted? Can you please restore this one http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2369760
    That's where the conversations were going on and people bought stuff and were about to leave feedback.

As you can see I'm not in the spamming business, just didn't chose my Forum wisely. Please delete the first thread, but not the second one. I really don't see the point in having both of my threads deleted.

Thank you

K.Meier, Jan 7, 2012 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    The services you are offering in that thread are not allowed on DP. See FAQ.

Smyrl, Jan 7, 2012 IP
  3. K.Meier

K.Meier Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh okay, so it's just the Facebook and Google +1 services that I have to remove.

Just one question, I'm keep receiving infractions for duplicate posts and it says its this post http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2122431&p=15937059#post15937059 which is 100% not duplicate but an old domain sales post.
    Within the past few hours I received 3 infractions for different threads? Seems a bit much for one mistake?

Anyways, so I can open a thread a again except for the Facebook/Google Likes?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
    K.Meier, Jan 7, 2012 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, Jan 7, 2012 IP
  5. K.Meier

K.Meier Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's odd. Those threads are almost a year old. As you can see those were 2 domains for sale. I lowered the price of the domains that's why I created a new thread. I deleted the old thread of one domain (http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2122427) but must have forgotten to delete the thread of the 2nd domain.
    Anyways, neither of the domains are for sale since March and for sure don't harm anyone in the sandbox of the forum.

Just very odd that now that I'm asking about infractions I suddenly get infractions for year old honest mistakes. Aren't infractions suppose to keep "bad" users out that currently harm the forum, instead of messing around with loyal-honest users and going over year old mistakes?

K.Meier, Jan 7, 2012 IP