1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Youtube, dofollow, nofollow, backlinking, tags

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by etbasson, Jan 6, 2012.

I've never put a proper SEO strategy together for promoting my websites on video sites such as Youtube. Has anyone had some positive measurable results from posting videos with the intentiontion of driving traffic to a target site? Is it purely focussed on persuading the viewer to 'go to' the site mentioned in the video itself? As far as I've read your only dofollow link in situated in your profile. Is the best strategy competing for rank and views to treat the 'tags' the same manner we treat keywords?

etbasson, Jan 6, 2012 IP
  2. CindyRoosen

CindyRoosen Peon

Best Answers:
    You can put your link on the video that you are going to make. Or are you talking about the ads on your video, on how to put adsense on your video? please make it clear what you mean.

CindyRoosen, Jan 6, 2012 IP
  3. etbasson

etbasson Peon

Best Answers:
    Firstly, when the search engines rank your site, they also count the number of links to your site. Every time I write something on this forum a link is created by my signature back to my site. Those are DOFOLLOW links. These are important for that search engine link count. If I show my URL in a video, then you can’t click on the video and it follows through to my site. All I can hope for is that the person watching the video goes and enters the website address in their browser and goes to my site. I’m interested in DOFOLLOW links. Secondly, I write content for my websites with targeted keywords. Friends of mine that have had some results in getting a lot of traffic from Youtube, did so by properly tagging their videos with competitive keywords. So my questions is: (1) Does backlinking on Youtube work for you? (2) What is a good keyword competitive strategy?

etbasson, Jan 7, 2012 IP
  4. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    youtube or other video sites are a great way to drive some traffic to your site. you can make a promotional video with some highlights about your product that will attract the interest of the viewers. then you put your url in the description of the video which people can click to visit your site. while the links on the video description are nofollow, you do get a dofollow link form the profile page link. getting a backlink is not however the main intention of the video, it is to capture the traffic that these video sites have to offer.

sultanofseo, Jan 7, 2012 IP