1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My yahoo email account was hacked

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Fed up, Dec 27, 2011.

my yahoo email account was hacked into several days ago. Seems someone stole my login I'd and password and sent out emails to all my contact asking for money account I had been robbed in england and was unable to get home , please send money. Well needless to say none of my contacts were dumb enough to send money, however the hackers erased all my emails and my contacts. I immediately changed my password and have not been able to receive any new emails. I can,t find anywhere where someone may have forward my emails . I have been unable to contact anyone from yahoo for any suggestion. I have asked around and have found several yahoo mail users that have been hack into to in this manner. My question is by changing my password does this make this yahoo account safe again? I use apple products and can my ability to recieve emails be restored. Or should I close this account and go google.
    You help is appreciated.
    Fed Up......

Fed up, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  2. Bahawolf

Bahawolf Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do you have any idea of how the hacker may have gotten the password? You may have a keylogger on your system or you may have clicked onto a "phishing" link and provided them the password to your account on a website that looked like Yahoo but wasn't really Yahoo. If you're unable to receive email and Yahoo isn't available for support, sign up for a new account on gmail.com and start fresh. Before doing anything further, I'd do a virus scan on your system and check to be sure that you're safe.

Furthermore, prevent checking your email in a shared environment or on a friend's computer. That computer could be infected and may result in a stolen account as well.

I wish you the best. :)

Bahawolf, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  3. chinasa

chinasa Peon

Best Answers:
    For now your account is safe since you changed the password, secondly scan your system for any virus and minimize the way you open your account on other people's laptops.

chinasa, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  4. noreturn

noreturn Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo isnt a very good email provider if you ask me just for that reason.. I think that you should change email providers to someone like MSN that is really good.. I mean nothing against yahoo it's just not that safe.

noreturn, Dec 29, 2011 IP
  5. Richie_Ni

Richie_Ni Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Richie_Ni, Dec 29, 2011 IP
  6. umairraja52

umairraja52 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you know secret question then you can change it password using "Forgotten Password Option".

umairraja52, Dec 29, 2011 IP
  7. smaluioa

smaluioa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In case of a hacked account send a mail describing your problem to . If this doesn't help, call Yahoo: 1-408-349-1572, explain to a customer service person what happened. They will ask you to do certain things and then they compare your original info with the changed info. Within 24 hrs you should get your account back!

smaluioa, Dec 29, 2011 IP
  8. sksinghsanjeet

sksinghsanjeet Peon

Best Answers:
  9. ervinkaci

ervinkaci Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to change everything not just the passoword ,you have to change the secret question and you have to change you secondary email's password cause maybe they use that to get you password only in this way you can make your account safe . Regards

ervinkaci, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  10. ExaMike

ExaMike Peon

Best Answers:
    Use strong password for your personal mail. The strong password should include small and caps letter together with symbols. Change your secret questions again and start the mail afresh.

ExaMike, Jan 6, 2012 IP
  11. Ella_Z.

Ella_Z. Peon

Best Answers:
    Well,I must say that it's a spread problem. Write to yahoo support or create a new e-mail and be careful with your passwords.

Ella_Z., Jan 20, 2012 IP
  12. Endless Rain

Endless Rain Member

Best Answers:
    It's better to choose a right email provider. When registering it must need a verification through phone. That will be more secure.

Endless Rain, Jan 20, 2012 IP