1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

inmotion hosting VPS optimizations

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Khaludi92, Sep 27, 2011.

Hi,

I need someone to optimize my VPS - its inmotionhosting vps and its called 512M - For specs visit - http://www.inmotionhosting.com/vps_hosting.html

Alright, so let me try to discribe my site

I own a Football soccer streaming site. My traffic is kind of different that usual site. Most of the times of the week, I dont have enough traffic, which means only around 10,000 hits a day or may be lower with only around 5 - 30 people online at a particlar instant.

however, During the weekend, when the matches are being played. I start getting huge number of hits which results in around 5000 - 8000 online at a time with over 100,000 views in 2 hours ( while the match is being played )

So i need someone to optimize my server/vps in such a manner that during peak times my site stays online and runs at its best

People have different ideas on what they going to do, and in order to select the best "optimizer" or service provider, I want you to PM me the things you plan to optimize.

I dont want you to tell me how you will do it and stuff, I just want you to inform me the things you will do. For instance, "X" will tell me that he will install nginx, and a couple of scripts, etc etc and "Y" will tell me that he will install a CDN and do some other useless crap. So this will make it easier for me to decide that "X" is the right guy for the job.

NEed the job done asap.

regards.

P.s- URL in footer.

Khaludi92, Sep 27, 2011 IP
  2. warriorfullight

warriorfullight Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

You need someone to optimize my VPS - its inmotionhosting vps and its called 512M. Well I think I culd hepout in this. So please do let me know that still you are looking for someone

The world is not enough for me [​IMG]

warriorfullight, Jan 5, 2012 IP
  3. ScottAN

ScottAN Peon

Best Answers:
    First off, I am very familiar with inmotionhosting and they would probably be more than willing to give you some tips about optimizing your VPS. Usually they will help because they want to avoid problems before they start.

Oh, and a CDN is not useless crap. It could GREATLY help cut down on your server load and free up the bandwidth for your VPS if you are currently serving many images or videos. But I guess if you think a CDN is crap then you wouldn't want me to develop for you anyway.

I've only been developing optimized rich internet applications for 10 years- what do I know ;)

ScottAN, Jan 5, 2012 IP