1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

GoDaddy vs. Namecheap

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by velocity834, Sep 9, 2006.

?

GoDaddy or NameCheap

1. GoDaddy

44 vote(s)
    43.6%
  2. NameCheap

57 vote(s)
    56.4%
  1. lmcstar1

lmcstar1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    GoDaddy has always been great, they also have excellent support!

lmcstar1, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  2. immu

immu Active Member

Best Answers:
    nameCheap

Reason : it hates/do not support SOPA

immu, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  3. ultimate marketing

ultimate marketing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    GoDaddy lost over 20,000 domains due to their support of SOPA.

ultimate marketing, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  4. immu

immu Active Member

Best Answers:
    ^ yeah!!
    any how u gona have your domain so why not go with namecheap
    no probs!

immu, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  5. zekin

zekin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What's wrong with godaddy? it seems most people prefer namecheap.

What actually happened about losing 20000 domains?

zekin, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  6. immu

immu Active Member

Best Answers:
    @^

SOPA = stop online piracy act
    Go daddy supports it so they have to remove all the domains/sites who have protected content!!

immu, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  7. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I recommend both of them. But if you are serious with SOPA, use NameCheap. They didn't support SOPA from the begining.

dumindushalika, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  8. Internet Marketing IQ

Internet Marketing IQ Guest

Best Answers:
    Idiots use NameCheap.

GoDaddy is a legitimate company, namecheap is a Enom Reseller.

If you have a problem with your domains you can pick up the telephone and call GoDaddy at 3am and get help. And it costs you nothing more than the phone call which for most is free because they have cell phones.

NameCheap offers NO TELEPHONE SUPPORT. You have to fill out an email form and submit a ticket and hope that someone gets back to you in a timely manner. This doesn't always happen. I personally have had to wait up to 2 days to get a response.

GoDaddy owns their own software and equipment and has a valid business address in Arizona.

NameCheap pays to use a Mail Drop Box at Regus HQ in Los Angeles. The exact same address is used by dozens of companies. When you search for the address you'll find that many of those companies have had consumer complaints filed against them.

GoDaddy runs a legitimate advertising model. NameCheap pays people to Poach customers from Forums.

GoDaddy software allows you to do things easily that NameCheap can not. As you start using features like Domain Masking you find this out.

So you are not really saving anything by using NameCheap... you are just chosing a cheap registrar... and by cheap I mean it in every sense of the word.

I have been in business since 1995, I've use a lot of Registrars and hosting companies. I have a lot of experience with this. People like to critisize GoDaddy because there interface tries to upsell you... I get that. But the bottom line is they are still a very good Registrar for the money you spend and offer excellent support.

Comparing NameCheap to GoDaddy is like comparing Kmart to Nordstroms. They aren't even close.

You really have no idea what you are talking about. And you have not read GoDaddy's statements on SOPA or how they were involved. Pure Ignorance.

In any case SOPA will not be passed because of GoDaddy or NameCheap.

NameCheap is just using it as a ruse to try and poach GoDaddy customers. It's a pathetic attempt.

If and when SOPA passes if you have your domains with NameCheap you are much more likely to have problems than if you have them with GoDaddy because you will not be able to get the Tech Support you need to fix any problems.

If you are worried about SOPA you should be moving your names TO GoDaddy where they will be much much safer.

No business being on the internet? Who died and proclaimed you the new king.

If you had any business being on the Internet you wouldn't jump to conclusions based on one Published article. I have been following SOPA for some time now.

GoDaddy's involvement and official stance have been very public. You clearly have not followed it.

NameCheap is a vile disgusting business whose entire marketing model revolves around trying to Poach GoDaddy customers.

GoDaddy is a legitimate business. They actually have a street address, not a mail box drop. They also offer FREE Telephone Technical Support.

Try calling NameCheap at 3am when you are working on a project and need help. Oh... wait you CAN'T BECAUSE NAMECHEAP HAS NOT TELEPHONE SUPPORT... NONE SQUAT ZIP NIL.

And that's how it is, not how you want it to be.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
    Internet Marketing IQ, Jan 4, 2012 IP
  9. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Since Godaddy been slap harly after supporting SOPA, i think you can get lot of cheap domain from Godadaddy competitor that which you guys to swift to them.
    SOPA is even scary than Google Panda..

JerrickYeoh, Jan 4, 2012 IP
  10. bugs810

bugs810 Peon

Best Answers:
    NameCheap, I have looked into them when the whole GoDaddy Supports SOPA thing happened and they really have an easy to use site, with competitive prices. I'm switching everything to NameCheap.

bugs810, Jan 5, 2012 IP
  11. Matt-APEXCGI

Matt-APEXCGI Peon

Best Answers:
    I would prefer Namecheap, still it is good one.

20,000 is nothing for godaddy they have over 10 million domains.

Matt-APEXCGI, Jan 5, 2012 IP
  12. problog

problog Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like godaddy. Namecheap is good but I think it is easier to manage godaddy domains and it is has almost no ads whereas namecheap has some ads. I can see where you guys are coming from though.

problog, Jan 5, 2012 IP
  13. ReaverKS

ReaverKS Peon

Best Answers:
    I can speak from experience because the only two registrars I've ever used are godaddy and namecheap. First off, when you attempt to buy a domain on godaddy, they try to ram a ton of necessary stuff down your throat along with the domain, it's a real pain in the butt. They don't do this at namecheap. Secondly, namecheap is a little bit cheaper than godaddy. Thirdly, godaddy supports SOPA, or at least they did until people got really upset with them and they're still kind of on the fence, namecheap does not support SOPA and they're open about this. Conclusion: Get namecheap!

ReaverKS, Jan 5, 2012 IP
  14. Abitha

Abitha Member

Best Answers:
    Abitha, Jan 5, 2012 IP
  15. Graeme Jones

Graeme Jones Peon

Best Answers:
    Graeme Jones, Jan 6, 2012 IP
  16. wanzulfikri

wanzulfikri Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer Namecheap but not because of the SOPA thingy, but I like the sleek design of their website.

GoDaddy are having a lot of reputation problem lately with the SOPA and spammy backlinking technique thus making it hard for people like me to use them for domain name registration.

For price, GoDaddy is cheaper compared to Namecheap.

wanzulfikri, Jan 6, 2012 IP
  17. psychost

psychost Active Member

Best Answers:
    Namecheap ONLY
    lol.. godaddy just lost a TON of customers for supporting SOPA.

GoDaddy a bunch of gluttons and theifs just avoid them

psychost, Jan 6, 2012 IP
  18. morbidity

morbidity Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm one of those people who have transferred their domains to a new registrar for many reasons. One of the reasons is that GoDaddy for the past 3 years has had a hand in the creating of this bill. Even if they're no longer supporting this bill it won't stop more customers from leaving them since they have already shown their true colors.

I would say go with namecheap in this situation since they're a lot cheaper. They might not have phone support, but overall they're a great company with amazing support.

morbidity, Jan 7, 2012 IP
  19. kabbs

kabbs Member

Best Answers:
    I use both depending on the domain type i want to register.
    .info(s) are cheaper at godaddy.com

kabbs, Jan 9, 2012 IP
  20. theAdviserMe

theAdviserMe Active Member

Best Answers:
    What you mean by free? I am in both registrars but slowly NameCheap is taking over the prominence of GoDaddy. with the latest skirmishes with SOPA, Go?Daddy is badly bruised and still recovering -- a taste of a bitter medicine. :D

theAdviserMe, Jan 9, 2012 IP