1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword research

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by opportunist86, Dec 31, 2011.

When doing research for keyword, is it only traffic/no of visitors that matters or we should also analyse CPC? I only give importance to no of visitors and that is the reason I think my sites aren't making much profit.
    Well, how to analyze CPC. Does higher CPC means more earning/click?

opportunist86, Dec 31, 2011 IP
  2. revium

revium Member

Best Answers:
    CPC is the cost per click you will pay if you bid on those keywords to show up in the paid ads section on the search engine results page.

revium, Dec 31, 2011 IP
  3. opportunist86

opportunist86 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I am using adsene. Is CPC important to be analysed before selecting any keywords?

opportunist86, Jan 1, 2012 IP
  4. revium

revium Member

Best Answers:
    You want to analyze whether it makes sense to pay the cost for each click on your ad. Are you able to to recover the cost and/or make a profit off the visitor if you have to first pay the cost per click as opposed to having them come to your site organically without having to pay any money?

Also keep in mind that everyone who clicks on your ad will most likely not convert so you will have to determine what your conversion rate is and if it still make sense to pay that amount per click at your conversion rate.

revium, Jan 1, 2012 IP
  5. Reena J

Reena J Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you need to analyze thoroughly before you decide keywords for pages and also campaigns.

Reena J, Jan 1, 2012 IP
  6. Excel 8

Excel 8 Guest

Best Answers:
    to get high percentage of success its better to use both PPC and organic, and its yes when it comes to keywords decision.

Excel 8, Jan 1, 2012 IP
  7. localnumberone

localnumberone Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to consider both number of visitors and cpc i.e cost per click because in Google ad word campaign keyword cost also matter a lot, the keyword having higher cpc are more likely to come in top SERP's.

localnumberone, Jan 1, 2012 IP
  8. access-keys

access-keys Member

Best Answers:
    I was also searching for the answer to this Question. I came to know that the number of visitors locally and globally may drive visitors to your website but if the commercial intent of the keyword is not high then the drive may results to number of visitors only but not to the sales. So, what I want to know is how can we check whether the keywords we take is commercially good or not.

I came across a problem while doing a keyword research for my website indivadesigns.com. I researched keywords using Google Keyword Tool and collected a bunch of keywords with good local and global searches. But i am still not happy because I don't know whether those keywords will give me a rise in my sales or not. Can anybody please tell me what should I do now to check the commercial values of those keywords. I heard somewhere, the higher the approx CPC the better the chances of keywords. And I have collected few keywords which has good CPC but no search volumes and for good search volumes there is not good CPC.

Thank you for helping me.

access-keys, Jan 1, 2012 IP
  9. jerryvannorman@gmail.com

jerryvannorman@gmail.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Keyword research is an important aspect of your search engine optimization campaign. Targeting a keyword should fit the costumers searching so that it will rank in a website.

10. azharSEO

azharSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    To understand the value of a keyword and ( Keyword's appropriate words and phrases to include in our webpage's body text to aid in promotion.) we need to doing Research For Keywords.

azharSEO, Jan 2, 2012 IP
  11. serenin221

serenin221 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you think that you are attracting the right audience? What type of niche is that? It is very important to know what kind of keywords to attract the right kind of visitors to your website. Otherwise, they would just come and go before purchasing any products from your website. There are a couple of rules that you should follow in order to select the right keywords. Two of the things that you should care for are the competition and the search value. I guess this is the basic knowledge that any internet marketers will possess. Otherwise, you can opt to use some Keyword Research tools to help you in deciding your keywords.

serenin221, Jan 2, 2012 IP
  12. Daverio

Daverio Peon

Best Answers:
    I also consider the number of visitors for the keywords and I use a tool google adwords..

Daverio, Jan 2, 2012 IP
  13. jeffdo

jeffdo Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, how to analyze CPC. Does higher CPC means more earning/click?

To analyze CPC, you can use Google Traffic Estimator, it's free. Keyword CPC is the money you'll get when someone click on the ads on your site for that keyword.

jeffdo, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  14. Jayres10

Jayres10 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think someone mentioned already, but it's important to start your organic SEO now.

Jayres10, Jan 3, 2012 IP