1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HTML code to modify a page width

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Alanaj, Jan 1, 2012.

I recently activated a new WP theme. Unfortunately I can't modify the width of the fullwidth pages. I'm searching for an html code I can place around my page content that will allow me to control the page width. I've tried a few different codes including the following, but nothing has worked so far:

<table width="760" border="0" align="center">
    content here
    </table>

Any suggestions?

Alanaj, Jan 1, 2012 IP
  2. OuterBox

OuterBox Member

Best Answers:
    Well, what you have above is only going to make it 760 pixels wide… try making that 100% instead of 760px and see what happens. I'm assuming this is table based or are you just trying to add a table? If it's not table based this probably wont do much and you'll have to edit the CSS file.

OuterBox, Jan 1, 2012 IP
  3. Toycel

Toycel Peon

Best Answers:
    You can edit the CSS files to create a wrapper on the page and have all your content inside that.

You will have to create a div in the PHP files too and close it within the body tags.

Toycel, Jan 2, 2012 IP
  4. buft

buft Member

Best Answers:
    Your site may contain css properties so far I hope according to your ask. you have to change html and css property at a time..try your best.

buft, Jan 2, 2012 IP
  5. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You can't control page width with HTML or CSS. All you can do is control content width.

If you want to control page width, you will need to use Javascript or some other language.

mmerlinn, Jan 2, 2012 IP