1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Soundprogramming.net: 5yo PR3 Audio Site w/Monthly 20k Views, $10 Revenue

Discussion in 'Sites' started by Xangis, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I created soundprogramming.net back in 2007 as a place to get manuals and info for synthesizers, drum machines, and other audio-related things. I'm offering it up for sale because I'm no longer collecting and trading electronic music instruments, so don't have the motivation to maintain it and add all the things that can be added (info on new models, more YouTube videos, photos, audio examples, tutorials).

It earns about $10 per month on average, higher in the winter and lower in the summer. This is on about 20,000 average pageviews during the winter and 15,000 during the summer.

This site has been growing slowly but steadily in traffic over the last 4+ years and has a lot of potential for someone willing to spend the time adding content and optimizing ads. I've just thrown up some basic Google Adsense without any optimization, positioning, etc. Someone who knows Adsense well could easily increase that and I'm sure some of the audio equipment manufacturers have affiliate programs that I haven't looked into (Musician's Friend, Sweetwater, Guitar Center, Zzounds, American Musical Supply, Music123, Amazon, etc.)

Here is more revenue info:
    http://soundprogramming.net/SoundProgramming2010RevenueRedacted.png
    http://soundprogramming.net/SoundProgramming2011RevenueRedacted.png

I don't have data before mid-2010 because I switched Adsense accounts (no longer have access to the older one), but it's very much like the last half of 2010 data with slow and steady traffic growth.

The site runs on Drupal 6.22, MySQL 5.1.41, and PHP 5.3.2 on an Ubuntu 10.04 system with Nginx as the webserver, but should run anywhere you can get Drupal+MySQL to work. It's currently hosted on Linode.com. It consumes ~3.4GB of disk space, ~100MB of database, and uses 50-80GB of transfer per month. Most of the disk space and transfer comes from PDF manuals.

Similar sites include vintagesynth.com and synthmuseum.com.

This auction is for the site plus content. The site is inconveniently large to transfer, so I will mail a DVD to the winning bidder if necessary (the server has a fast pipe, so you can download if you wnat). If you want the DVD shipped I'll do it for free to a U.S. bidder, but for non-US you'll have to cover the cost. If, for some reason, you only want the domain but not the content, the price is still the same.

For the domain, I'll push to a MyDomain account for free. Anywhere else and you'll have to cover the cost (typically 1 year renewal) and I'll approve the trasfer. The domain was first registered 11/19/2006 and expires on 11/19/2012.

I have minimal knowledge of Drupal and PHP, so I won't be able to provide much tech support. I'll do what I can.

Xangis, Dec 31, 2011 IP
  2. devon

devon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    80.0% - 8
    Can you show me the last traffic from Sept.2011 - December 2011 from AW stat inside your cpanel? Thanks!

devon, Dec 31, 2011 IP
  3. Xangis

Xangis Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This site doesn't use Google Analytics, awstats, or cpanel, so there's no data to show. The only traffic data I have is from Adsense.

Xangis, Dec 31, 2011 IP
  4. devon

devon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    80.0% - 8
    What platform do u use to build this site?

devon, Dec 31, 2011 IP
  5. Xangis

Xangis Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It's a Django 6.22 site on a Linode 512 Ubuntu 10.04 VPS, which hosts about a half dozen of my other sites in addition to this one.

Xangis, Dec 31, 2011 IP
  6. Xangis

Xangis Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Xangis, Jan 1, 2012 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.