1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review - Blog

Discussion in 'Websites' started by zebulon, Jan 1, 2012.

Hi all!

I am looking for a review on a personal blog I am starting. I would like feedback in these areas:

1) Theme - yay or nay?
    2) Browsers - Does it display nicely in your browser? (please include browser)
    3) Content - My aim is to blog about what ever I find fascinating whether it's SEO/web dev or just random events in my life. My audience is mainly friends and family and hopefully a few followers.

Any pointers , ideas or suggestions are welcome

Thank you,

zebulon, Jan 1, 2012 IP
  2. tamiro1992

tamiro1992 Peon

Best Answers:
    im not a big fan of the plain big background but i do like the content on it and i love the flipping pictures :)

tamiro1992, Jan 1, 2012 IP
    zebulon likes this.
  3. prince@life

prince@life Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Review: I think current theme is good but not best for personal update blog.
    It's display perfectly in my browser (Mozilla & Chrome)

Overall blog is good, but i will suggest you to concentrate more on design:)

prince@life, Jan 1, 2012 IP
    zebulon likes this.
  4. Emily Yee

Emily Yee Member

Best Answers:
    It looks really nice and neat on my Google Chrome. I like the theme as well because it is simple enough and it loads fast. You might want to consider the need of hiring someone for the logo. If you want to use it as your personal blog as well, you might want to add some personality to the other niche related posts on your blog as well. Try to make them personal like the way you talk in your personal posts.

Emily Yee, Jan 2, 2012 IP
    zebulon likes this.
  5. epatterson

epatterson Peon

Best Answers:
    ^ I agree about the logo. I also would suggest that the content blocks are a little too wide, and would look better with some margin from the edges of the page! Other than that, it's definitely got potential to look really nice!

epatterson, Jan 2, 2012 IP
    zebulon likes this.
  6. lindenv

lindenv Peon

Best Answers:
    simple and clean, looks okay on chrome broswer

lindenv, Jan 2, 2012 IP
  7. webzexpert

webzexpert Peon

Best Answers:
    Its clean and professional layout, colors are good and so as the content, i like the way you have arranged the various images of your site, very professional work done by you

webzexpert, Jan 2, 2012 IP
    zebulon likes this.
  8. zebulon

zebulon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you all for your reviews. I have since changed the bgcolour to a slate grey and made some other minor changes. As per content I will try to keep it personal and I am also going to expand on my military experience.

As per doing a logo. I will look into it. I've never been a photoshop or gimp guru but I will give it a try unless if one of you can recommend someone?

zebulon, Jan 2, 2012 IP
  9. linkzz

linkzz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    theme is good, is this baby site ? I dont understand site about . And good domain name! I cant see ".ca" domains . All peoples buy ".com" domain names. This isnt good, peoples can use other domain names.

linkzz, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  10. etsuser

etsuser Peon

Best Answers:
    its good... if you can choose,choose a better theme which give your blog some streangth.... however its good but it is looking simple....overall its good.

etsuser, Jan 27, 2012 IP