1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does God need to be praised by us or do we need to praise Him?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by moffey, Nov 17, 2011.

1. warloky

warloky Peon

Best Answers:
    He's right if you look deeply into his post devoid of traditional dogma or thinking..

warloky, Dec 22, 2011 IP
  2. warloky

warloky Peon

Best Answers:
    Money isn't that bad. It's how people use it that gets its bad reputation. But it's still money, a neutral agent. Think you can buy food and necessities without it? Just like a gun maybe bad if you use it to kill innocent people but not bad if you use it to defend yourself and your loved ones. A knife could kill but helpful too to cut your steak, veggies and potatoes for dinner, right?

warloky, Dec 22, 2011 IP
  3. bimal32

bimal32 Active Member

Best Answers:
    IMO prayer is a habit like smoking is a habit, only its not injurious to health.

bimal32, Dec 22, 2011 IP
  4. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, you're missing the point. What you describe - helping the ungrateful - sounds nice in theory but absolutely does not work in real life. It is not how Christ acted. it is not how the God the Father acted. It is helping someone who does not want to be helped. I have discovered overs years of trials that helping the ungrateful is unworkable. This is how people take advantage of you. Ungrateful people are liars.

Notice that before Christ healed anyone he always, with their consent, forgave their sins. This action removed the crushing weight of guilt from their shoulders. First the mind is healed, THEN the body is healed because the mind follows the body. Ungrateful people have a bad attitude that just puts them right back where they started. Helping them is like throwing bricks into the Grand Canyon, it's doesn't change anything.

Or, as Christ put it:
    "Give not that which is holy to the dogs, neither cast you your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and turn again and rend you."
    Mat 7:6

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
    Corwin, Dec 22, 2011 IP
  5. warloky

warloky Peon

Best Answers:
    God wants us to pray? Says who? I do believe in god but I haven't heard him say that I should pray to him. I do believe in prayer but I think it's those priests, ministers, clerics, imams etc that are talking about the requirement to pray to be saved. People die but not because they don't pray. People die when they give up their physical bodies when these bodies wither, get sick and degenerate and their time is up on earth. And those people who pray as well as those that don't, will go the same path throughout life.You'd be surprised at the evolution of prayer when the council of Nicea arbitrary set the rules of prayer and ritual, how and whom to pray to. It's all man-made...

warloky, Dec 26, 2011 IP
  6. warloky

warloky Peon

Best Answers:
    The better idea is to always give thanks for having this life on earth that you now have, to give thanks that you are able to give love to the people who are in your care, whether your family or the public, give thanks to those who love and care about you. You may have to give appreciation for the food on your table as well as the safety that your home and community provide you with. You may have to give thanks to the government for its activity in maintaining law and order so that you may have your voice heard for the ideas you may want to say. You could be thankful that you'd be able to vote in the election to change people who run the government. These and more, are things you can be grateful for whether or not there is a god up there asking you to pray, or not at all.

warloky, Dec 26, 2011 IP
  7. warloky

warloky Peon

Best Answers:
    Go on with your smoking. Just don't forget to exercise, sleep the right amount of time, eat the right veggies and meditate (or pray) and you'll be OK.

warloky, Dec 26, 2011 IP
  8. warloky

warloky Peon

Best Answers:
    The mind follows the body? Don't you think it's the other way around? Didn't you say, first, the mind is healed. Then the body is healed?

warloky, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  9. warloky

warloky Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't say that. I don't advocate helping the ingrates and the indolent. My point is not about these loonies. I'm not concerned if they thank me or not, and my efforts are definitely not intended for them. Fact is, they ain't even up to thinking good about themselves, what more of others! The whole point of my post was and is, your own attitude at the moment you try to be helpful. Did you wish to help for profit? Or did you just want to help, period? If you were helpful with no expectation of return there's a saying that there's more value in that than it would be if you were dealing with fools..

warloky, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  10. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for catching that - my mistake. The BODY follows the MIND.

Albeit, the primitive mind can follow the body in certain circumstances. NLP Plus teaches physical exercises that calms and focuses the mind to create confidence.

I suspect that we are in agreement. For me, it's not about "return", it's about attitude and intention.

For example, I have seen people manipulate a situation so that someone MUST sacrifice themselves (a financial, social, power, or status sacrifice) in order to "help" that person. Or someone that is deliberately self-destructive, evil, or bitter and requires a similar sacrifice.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
    Corwin, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  11. warloky

warloky Peon

Best Answers:
    You can see how topics about God, love, and abstract things can get anyone's goat and they fight for space and attention. You can observe too, that this isn't the case if the subject of the discussion are other things, like website creation, SEO, traffic generation, etc. People get too frantic when they feel that their belief systems are threatened. That's independently about god being real or a fantasy creation of strong minds. In the end, people need to be a little more understanding of each other..

warloky, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  12. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very wise words.

Corwin, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  13. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You're joking, right? You seriously can't be this detached from reality. Why does god need to threaten us with eternal torture if he wants us to love him voluntarily? If i asked you to do something, hoped you chose to do it and told you i'm going to cut you with razor blades and burn your eyes out with cigarettes if you "chose" not to is that a free choice i'm giving you? is that you're idea of a voluntary decision? And then to ask us to love such a vicious, spiteful piece of shit is frankly shameful. You should be ashamed of yourself. I hate to imagine how damaging, abusive and poisonous your real life relationships are if this is the type of imaginary one you invent.

stOx, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  14. Angelic

Angelic Active Member

Best Answers:
    God.

"pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." (1 Thessalonians 5:17-18)

Angelic, Jan 1, 2012 IP
  15. Dineshjal

Dineshjal Peon

Best Answers:
    In the ancient world people of world prays god to fulfill their desires ..

they believe that when the god became happy then the all their desires would get complete..

they thought that by praying God blessed them and always with them.

Dineshjal, Jan 1, 2012 IP
  16. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're joking, right? You seriously can't be this detached from reality. If you trip and hurt your ankle, do you blame Isaac Newton?

YOU are given a CHOICE. YOU may choose Heaven or Hell. God does not make this choice for you, YOU do. God sends no one to hell, you send yourself.

By your rant, stOx, I can assume that you want a life of no consequences? You seriously can't be this detached from reality. For example, if you choose to steal an old lady's purse, it's not the judge that is responsible for throwing your useless punk-ass in prison, you put yourself in prison.

Your prison is one without Love and without friendship. YOU chose it.

Corwin, Jan 3, 2012 IP