1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what's your religion ? and why you believe it ?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by abdelatif025, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You'll have to hide your code, Sarah - we lust after your beautiful mind.

Rukbat, Dec 1, 2011 IP
  2. sunfyre7896

sunfyre7896 Peon

Best Answers:
    My religion is self-religion or Spiritual, but with no organized religion. I don't believe in organized religion as I believe that Jesus initially said that you didn't need to worship God in places of wood and stone. You could if you wanted but it was not mandatory. That has been grossly misrepresented and used by the power elite of the Church, first starting with Catholicism and then spread to Protestantism. The Catholics used to sell things called "Indulgences" that without you couldn't get into Heaven. Not to mention all of the deaths at the stake and wars started by the Catholic Church. The Protestants haven't fared much better except for modern times which doesn't allow them to accomplish the same tasks. We are more enlightened these days. Now it's just don't do this, don't do that, get baptized, spread the word, and go to church or your going to Hell. There's also the fact that many religions look down on other religions as lesser and that if you're one of them, then you're somehow losing in this cosmic battle for your soul . . . I strongly disbelieve in that line of thinking. I don't have a problem with anyone that wishes to go to church. I just have an issue with those that try to berate those that don't and say they're going to Hell because they don't go or drink or do other things within reason that are legal and ethical in many instances. Again, I'm not bashing all Christians or religions, just those that bad mouth those that don't attend their church.

sunfyre7896, Dec 2, 2011 IP
  3. Angelic

Angelic Active Member

Best Answers:
    How can you receive the body and blood of Christ at home?? Do you have the power and authority to change the bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ?

(John6:53-56) Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

and how did you get baptized? did you baptize yourself?

(Matthew 28:19) Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Angelic, Dec 2, 2011 IP
  4. Nick_Mayhem

Nick_Mayhem Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am Hindu because I was born Hindu and I think all religions are good themselves.

A Hindu primitive man didn't existed. Nor did any other. From whom we came.

Just believe in god and do the right things. It differentiates us from animals. That's it.

Nick_Mayhem, Dec 3, 2011 IP
  5. sunfyre7896

sunfyre7896 Peon

Best Answers:
    Neither does a man or woman have the authority other than what we as other humans place on them. They are just interpreting a book that was written by man. The bible was not sent via email or fax from Heaven, it was written by men on what they think happened and then eventually quotes from Jesus on how to live your life better. Having to receive the "body and blood" of Christ is just one interpretation of one religion on how to believe and be close to God. I don't knock your belief in that, as that is what you believe, but I'm just stating that I don't believe in that way. I believe it doesn't make me any less of a believer than you, just a different way. However, I've been told too many times that I'm going to Hell just because my belief system comes into question and was pointed to that I AM WRONG. It's basically just ridiculousness. . . And yes I was baptized already and used to go to church when I was younger.

sunfyre7896, Dec 5, 2011 IP
  6. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Angelic , give the guy a break , as long as he's not a anti-Christian propagandist , he's out friend . It's his choice how he lives and if he respects us we must respect him .

@sunfrye Please use more paragraphs , mini-wall of text is hard to read :p

ApocalypseXL, Dec 5, 2011 IP
  7. irockdworld

irockdworld Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am an atheist because I know what religion is.

irockdworld, Dec 5, 2011 IP
  8. Angelic

Angelic Active Member

Best Answers:
    The authority and power of priesthood is given from God; Christ gave His disciples the power to change the bread and wine into His body and His blood; the disciples passed this power to others by the laying on of hands, who passed this power to others by the laying on of hands all the way down to the present day.

(Acts 6:6) They presented these men to the apostles, who prayed and laid their hands on them.

(Acts 8:17) Then Peter and John placed their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

(Acts 13:3) So after they had fasted and prayed, they placed their hands on them and sent them off.

(1 Timothy 4:14) Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through prophecy when the body of elders laid their hands on you.

(2 Timothy 1:6) For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands.

more info here: http://www.scripturecatholic.com/the_eucharist.html#eucharist-IIa

Written by men inspired by God; Peter, John, and Matthew were eyewitnesses too.

Angelic, Dec 6, 2011 IP
  9. sunfyre7896

sunfyre7896 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you're right. I really need to use a paragraph where they should be. I try so hard to have proper grammar and spelling, but I'm missing out on that one aspect that would make it much easier for all to read. Just laziness I suppose. Thanks for reminding me.

@Angelic - I understand your beliefs. I used to share them as well. Let's just agree to disagree as my original point and my last point weren't to dissuade you, nor anyone else from their views. I was merely stating my belief system and also defending it with some reasoning of my own. I appreciate your candor and sticking up for what you believe in.

sunfyre7896, Dec 6, 2011 IP
  10. sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in

sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i am Muslim...i only pray GOD, who created whole WORLD and Human beings. I love all prophets send by him (Adam to Mohammed)

sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in, Dec 23, 2011 IP
    medicalogs likes this.
  11. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
    Spoiltdiva, Dec 24, 2011 IP
  12. bunny2790

bunny2790 Member

Best Answers:
    The religion and faith is created by humans. We have the same religion and same denomination. That's the Humanity as my opinion.

Thanks

bunny2790, Dec 25, 2011 IP
  13. thesickearth

thesickearth Active Member

Best Answers:

So did you come to Islam through learning and thinking or your father mutilated your penis and beaten this into you on his own?

thesickearth, Dec 25, 2011 IP
  14. Lindabrock

Lindabrock Peon

Best Answers:
    My Religion is buddhist..but i take values and learn everyday from all dharmic faiths

Lindabrock, Dec 31, 2011 IP
  15. warloky

warloky Peon

Best Answers:
    Trans-substantiation, the process of changing the host and wine into the flesh and blood of Jesus during consecration. Is it for real? Or is it mass autosuggestion for catholic believers?

warloky, Jan 1, 2012 IP
  16. Angelic

Angelic Active Member

Best Answers:
    We go to Church to receive the Eucharist (the Body and Blood of Christ)

In the Old Testament, the Jews were told to sacrifice a lamb to God and EAT it (Passover). In the New Testament, Jesus (who was crucified on Passover) became the sacrifice (the lamb) which we are to EAT (Eucharist).

"The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!" (John 1:29)

It's real. Catholics, Orthodox, and Lutherans (if I'm not mistaken) believe in the real presence of Christ's body and blood in the Eucharist.

Scientific research on the flesh and blood of the eucharistic miracle of Lanciano:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2290318

Source > http://www.scripturecatholic.com/the_eucharist.html :
    "So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves. That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep." (1 Corinthians 11:27-30)

thus, if we partake of the Eucharist unworthily, we are guilty of literally murdering the body of Christ, and risking physical consequences to our bodies. This is overwhelming evidence for the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist. These are unjust penalties if the Eucharist is just a symbol.

Angelic, Jan 1, 2012 IP
  17. abdelatif025

abdelatif025 Member

Best Answers:
    I am muslim ,

abdelatif025, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  18. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You still don't understand what's being said to you.

"Believe in". There's no document that was created by a god and sent to us some-magically-how that tells us these things, they're just things that some people believe - and a few of those wrote some books that a few hundred years later were compiled into one supposedly universal "belief book". (The vast majority of human beings on the planet don't believe them.)

No one has any problem with your believing them, it's when you claim that they're somehow objectively real that people who haven't drunk your particular brand of Kool-Aid start looking at you to see if your age is really more than one digit.

Rukbat, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  19. animebuzz.tv

animebuzz.tv Peon

Best Answers:
    roman catholic i believe because i have faith in God and it's in the bible

animebuzz.tv, May 2, 2012 IP
  20. yanna

yanna Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Mine is catholic. I believe on it because it makes me believe that miracles do happen.

yanna, May 4, 2012 IP