1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

About content in websites

Discussion in 'Google' started by logababa, Dec 27, 2011.

Hi all,

I have a question,see i am not trying to copy contents from some other websites but when i try to put a new post of about some popular news that news has been posted in many websites ,i will just refer to that website and i will create my own content ,but still in copyscaper site its showing that 34 words have been copied.... same words and sentence can be used right .... i am not clear in this.... so will panda update affect my site???? Please explain regarding this conntent issue or guide me

Thanks

Loganathan

example see this URL : http://www.copyscape.com/view.php?o...ttp://www.indiaresultsonline.in&w=25&i=2&r=10

logababa, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  2. whoisjohngalt

whoisjohngalt Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Loganathan,

I'm doing the same thing as you on my new site, PandaCookbook.com. I re-report the news by reading an article, and using it for inspiration for my own original copy. I also give credit to the source, which, under the circumstances is over-kill, but fair, I think. I'd hope someone using my material would show the same kindness.

Ok...so far so good. The question, however, is about Copyscape. My reply is that if I were you, I'd quit worrying about Copyscape when you are generating unique content. The reason is that there is no combination of words you can come up with that hasn't already been set to print a buhzillion times. So you are worrying about something you can't do anything about. If you were copying large chunks of text, or using a text spinner, then Copyscape might come in handy. Otherwise, don't worry about it.

The common thinking is that friend Google looks at the totality of an article and doesn't condemn it because some of it is not original. Only Google knows when somebody crosses the line.

And about Panda.... Panda (as far as we know) is not concerned with duplicate articles. There has long been a mechanism in place to take care of that. No matter if an article has been published 1,067 times, Google only gives credit for it ONCE...and usually to the original source. So, a person gains nothing by republishing an article verbatim. But they don't necessarily lose either.

If how you describe your situation is correct, you're in good shape!

Norm

whoisjohngalt, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  3. logababa

logababa Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks whoisjohngalt your explaination was awesome

logababa, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  4. C.Rebecca

C.Rebecca Active Member

Best Answers:
    See, if you are writing some 250 words and out of that 34 words are duplicate that won't be flagged as duplicate content... Content which is appreciably similar to content on other domain is duplicate content. And, Panda is not designed for nitpicking.... Moreover, you cannot create 100% unique content always. So, don't worry about small percentage of duplicate content.

C.Rebecca, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  5. AdWords-Team

AdWords-Team Peon

Best Answers:
    You get more backlink for your content URL. I think Google will review your site is better.

AdWords-Team, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  6. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As long as you are writing the article in your own words and giving credit to the original site owner, I don't that as an issue.

lycos, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  7. mygold

mygold Peon

Best Answers:
    If you write 250 words then 24 word can be same as other article. Don't worry bro.. Sometimes google shows wrong results and i also pain for that types of problem so. After a certain time it will ok.

mygold, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  8. moxcen

moxcen Active Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with your post.

moxcen, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  9. moxcen

moxcen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Genuine content is genuine no matter what how many similar words you may find in other websites. All the alphabets are same in every website so does it mean search engines will do something about it?

moxcen, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  10. oneshotmarketing

oneshotmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as it's your own, unique content, you're fine. Like you said yourself, copyscape goes by words. Same words are all over the place haha

oneshotmarketing, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  11. WishBone

WishBone Peon

Best Answers:
    Mostly, people can't avoid having the same words for specific topic but the thing is, make sure yours is far more informative and interesting.

WishBone, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  12. nicolasmith504

nicolasmith504 Peon

Best Answers:
    you should use unique content for your website and also better think is that you should write the content so in that case you should Nat copy scape issue

nicolasmith504, Dec 29, 2011 IP
  13. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ideally it's best to just write it in your own words

golfpro1, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  14. rizecorp

rizecorp Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't worry about Copyscape, when you are writing your own content and providing the source in your article. Its ok if you have very less % shown in copyscape.

After centuries of people writing down thoughts, two people are bound to write down something similar. Right??

Thanks.

rizecorp, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  15. sofieseo

sofieseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't worry dear if you check you content on copyscape and it will showing some words have been copied / same words and sentence can be used right. You have just change some words...that it and then your content be unique..Panda updated and its want a unique content so that's why you can some words meaning and your content be unique.... And no any content issue you can use your content anywhere...

I hope i was able to explain it..................:rolleyes:

sofieseo, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  16. logababa

logababa Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for your explaination

logababa, Dec 30, 2011 IP