1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

mail subdomain redirection

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by siraxi, Dec 28, 2011.

Hello

I am stuck with this problem: I discovered that the mail subdomain of a secondary domain mirrors the main domain content.

Example:
    - The main site of my hosting account is abcd.org and all others domains are also subdomains of this main domain. This is the case for a little used domain, pqrs.org. The subdomain pqrs.abcd.org mirrors pqrs.org.
    - But for some unknown reason, the subdomain mail.pqrs.org mirrors abcd.org and this is weird as the mail subdomain is reserved and not set anywhere in the hosting qccound control panel or .htaccess.

Who can give me a clue, please ? Is this a hosting error, a malicious intervention or something else?

Thanks a lot !

siraxi, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  2. mactadvi

mactadvi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can you clear in Brief ? Actually i didnt get you...

mactadvi, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  3. siraxi

siraxi Peon

Best Answers:
    What does it mean when you find out that there is mail subdomain of a site of yours, that you didn't set up and that mirrors the main public_html content ?

Where does it come from? how can I remove it, because as it's not set up by me, I don't know how to eliminate this double content that creates problems ?

siraxi, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  4. mactadvi

mactadvi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Which host you are using i face this issue when using x10hosting.com but i am in paid hosting now.And didnt found any of issue from that time.

You can delete folder from file menager.Also delete subdomain from subdomain folder.Mean cpanel>subdomains

May be this will help you.

mactadvi, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  5. siraxi

siraxi Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply.

Actually there is no "mail" folder nor subdomain created by me for that site, so there is nothing to delete.

It's a paid hosting, MDD hosting, good service up to now. Do you think it's host related ?

siraxi, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  6. melissa123456

melissa123456 Peon

Best Answers:
    But for some unknown reason, the subdomain mail.pqrs.org mirrors abcd.org and this is weird as the mail subdomain is reserved and not set anywhere in the hosting qccound control panel or .htaccess.

melissa123456, Dec 28, 2011 IP