1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Earning $150 - $200...What Next?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by rgblogs, Dec 22, 2011.

Hi DP Members

I started a niche website last year in April (April 2010), now it is earning around $150 to $200 each month (from last 4 months) from displaying ads and affiliate marketing selling products.

This website requires to be updated regularly (3-4 times a week) and I do it. And I think I have reached a maximum limit of earning from this website (as it is based on particular niche only). Now I am confused what to do next:confused:.

Is it possible to increase the monthly revenue?

rgblogs, Dec 22, 2011 IP
  2. Lvcas

Lvcas Peon

Best Answers:
    You can sell for example a SEO links - it's next part od earnings on your page.

Remember, if the advert will be cover up main content of website, you will lost an users... it;s important, because people thing's that a lot of advert give them more profit...

Lvcas, Dec 22, 2011 IP
  3. Numha

Numha Peon

Best Answers:
    You can add more articles targeting different keywords to bring more traffic, leading ultimately to more money.
    You can flip the website to invest that into other projects.

Numha, Dec 22, 2011 IP
  4. Lvcas

Lvcas Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to increase traffic on your website, you can use a surfweb site ;) Real traffic, no artificial.

Lvcas, Dec 23, 2011 IP
  5. Ean

Ean Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Interesting.
    Are you sure that's the maximum potential the site is having? Mind if i take a look and give suggestion?

Regards,
    Ean.

Ean, Dec 23, 2011 IP
  6. MikePrice

MikePrice Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, do the same method to build another and automatically your earning will increase.

MikePrice, Dec 23, 2011 IP
  7. ColinLiang

ColinLiang Peon

Best Answers:
    You can actually just sell your entire website for like 5x your monthly earnings. I found a website for it a while back but I can't find it right now =/

ColinLiang, Dec 23, 2011 IP
  8. Ean

Ean Peon

Best Answers:
    Colin - i think the site your going to mention would be flippa.com?

Ean, Dec 23, 2011 IP
  9. jj@24khost

jj@24khost Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can either sell your website or just grow the traffic so you bring in more money. Or start another niche website and grow that one and run them both.

jj@24khost, Dec 23, 2011 IP
  10. Lancelott11

Lancelott11 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sell it and buy a better one

Lancelott11, Dec 23, 2011 IP
  11. Matt Broody

Matt Broody Peon

Best Answers:
    You can sell on flipa

Matt Broody, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  12. omarabid

omarabid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Create another website in another niche?

omarabid, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  13. web3k

web3k Member

Best Answers:
    Rather sell the site, is there some sort of conversion / ratio you got in terms of traffic vs earnings? When you say between 150 and 200 per mth, do you notice more traffic in the huger earnings months?

I get that it's a niche, but you cant be attracting 100% of the traffic for that niche, so there must still be more traffic to be had

web3k, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  14. mhovingh

mhovingh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This should be your focus in my opinion. Are you really getting all the traffic in your niche? That would be extremely doubtful and there is more you can do to increase traffic.

Start researching more keywords. Even in a very small niche, there are lots and lots of keywords out there and many could be worth your time. You already have a jumpstart because your site is indexed, pulling traffic, and can convert.

If you are not doing it extensively already, start testing like crazy. You should always be testing page layouts, sales copy, etc to find maximum conversions. There are some basic rules for converting that hold over time, but Internet users are continually changing as they use the web more. Never stop trying different things to get maximum conversion rates.

Do you know the niche well? Can you create an eBook to sell directly as an added income source?

Are there other products/affiliate programs you can promote? Go out and find everything you can that would interest your niche and see if you can increase that income.

Did you make a newsletter, and if so, do you mail for it at least once a week?

After all that, take what you know, make a detailed plan of how to replicate it while maximizing time vs results, and do it with other niches. If this site isn't taking up all your time and you are doing everything you can with it, replicate it with other niches.

mhovingh, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  15. rgblogs

rgblogs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes definitely, more traffic results in more earnings:)

And I am also not getting 100 % of niche traffic as there are many more websites around that niche. I think it is not possible practically for one website to get all the traffic.

rgblogs, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  16. rgblogs

rgblogs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your suggestions.

That is the trade-off I have to make - To devote 100% of time to present site or start developing a new niche side by side. How much time should I devote to new site - 10%, 50% or 90%? I know developing a new niche will have impact on earnings of present site. But will new site counter balance this loss and increase the overall traffic?? That is the question difficult to answer.

Can you suggest me some ways and tools to analyze the situation and help me in taking a decision or is this decision purely on experimenting basis?? I think many others with more than one website should have faced the same situation. is it that I am thinking too much for such a thing?:confused: Should I randomly select what to do??

rgblogs, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  17. mhovingh

mhovingh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It will definitely take some of your time away from the first site when making the second. Knowing for sure how it will be affected is going to take some time to find out. What you worry about is how it affects you long term if you split your time 50/50 between the two sites.

It is obviously a decision you will need to make, but here is what I propose. Start splitting your time 50/50. Make your second site and get it going. Work on them both equally and see where you are in a week, month, and 2-3 months. This entire time, you are working at building up your new site, getting it backlinks, traffic, and hopefully getting at least some money. Look at how much traffic you are getting with the two sites combined, versus just the one, with your time split 50/50. Are you getting more overall traffic or did your first site take a noticeable loss with your new site not picking up the slack? Remember to consider things like natural changes in traffic volume, especially when dealing with a niche that is strongly seasonal.

Figure out if it is worth splitting your time between the two or if the second site isn't making up for any loss that happens when you start splitting your time. I think you will find that you don't lose that much by spending less time with the first site and will more than make up for it with the second. If you happen to decide that it just isn't working like you want though, you have a second site that should be getting some traffic, have some PR/backlinks, and hopefully is making at least a little money. You can sell that second site, recouping some of what you lost. In fact, you might get even more than what you put in to it, when calculating how much you are making per hour right now. You can then go back to full time on your first and shouldn't have too much trouble getting back what you may have lost, in terms of progress, with that site.

One of the nice things about the two sites will be that you can help reduce your time spent in certain areas. Things like social bookmarking, where you go to a site to bookmark your new article, takes xx amount of time. If both your sites each have a new article, you can bookmark them one right after the other. It won't take xx + xx time even though you are getting twice the value from the task. Same goes for things like learning a new SEO technique. It took you yy time to learn it but now you can spend zz + zz time implementing the technique on both your sites without having to spend a second yy time, as researching what you already learned would be redundant.

To know for sure, you just have to take the plunge and do it. I personally think you will find that if you spend 50% less time on your first site because you are spending that time on the second, the loss on the first site will not be a full 50%. Whatever you decide, best of luck!

mhovingh, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  18. MarTh-

MarTh- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it's possible to increase revenue but it takes time. You can have a goal of increasing monthly revenue of say twice that and then put it up for sale at 12-24x monthly revenue on website selling sites.

MarTh-, Jan 4, 2012 IP
  19. ashvini

ashvini Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thats a good income, now that your current website is making you money, make sure that it happens on a consistent basis and then move on make the next website and make that also to earn the maximum.

ashvini, Jan 6, 2012 IP
  20. sambling

sambling Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Maybe invest some of the cash into another, less time consuming, project?

sambling, Jan 6, 2012 IP