1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have run out of Competitive Ad Filter space!!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by ShytKicker, Nov 7, 2006.

What do I do?!

I have a few high traffic sites going and I've basically filtered all the MFA sites that appeared on it. It took up already 200 spaces, all that the competitive ad filter list can possibly hold.

This is ridiculous, it was fine for a few weeks, now this 1 new MFA site appeared, and I can't filter because I have run out of space. If I remove another MFA site from the filter, then that one will appear. What do I do?

And I am planning to buy another website this week or next week that has a completey different topic, that one will have a load of MFA sites to filter as well. Help!?

ShytKicker, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  2. camp185

camp185 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was just reading an article about the 200 limit. Can't seem to find it again, but it mentioned google increasing it on the 12th...of never. The whole point of it is for google to make money, and google+mfa=money for google, and mfa.

It did mention 1 possible cure, but it was not so good for some. Sell the space yourself. The article also mentioned that the only hope is the fact that mfa's are growing like wild fire. Sooner or later they will be raising their own bid rates due to the sheer volume of them.

camp185, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  3. Eric.Cho

Eric.Cho Guest

Best Answers:
    You can always create a separate account on Google for your new website that way you have another 200. I know some people who do that.

Eric.Cho, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  4. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is when I pipe in and tell you noobs to stop wasting your time filtering MFA ads, but I've realized that's that's like banging my head against a wall, soooooooooooooo---

Paypal me $9.99 to and I'll send you an additional 200 channels. Don't ask how I'll do it, it's a trade secret. ;)

jackburton2006, Nov 7, 2006 IP
    Cheap SEO Services and sarahk like this.
  5. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    I can beat that! How about sending me $7.99 to and it will happen instantly! I promise! ;)

Cheap SEO Services, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  6. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Trumped again! Blast you!

jackburton2006, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  7. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can not have more than one account at a time.
    This may lead both of your account to banning.
    You can delete some lines add new lines.
    donno why google is not increasing the limit.

Abhik, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  8. ShytKicker

ShytKicker Guest

Best Answers:
    It just doesn't make sense to release this smartpricing by Google to increase advertiser satisfaction, yet not do anything to help block out these MFAs.

Lately Google is not doing anything positive for the publishers. Smartpricing and MFAs are just a few to mention. And the funny part is that they are taking a loss on both of these. I think once YPN comes out of Beta and MSN's Adcontext or whatever they call it will be released, Google may lose many many many publishers.

9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    But each legal entity may have a new account - so you might have one, and each company that you have registered can have it's own. You are merely acting as an agent for each company.

I tend to agree with Jack & Cheapie about not stressing over the bad ads. If you want total control over your advertisers you may be better to start selling the ad space yourself as you've matured beyond the adsense offering. That's a great sign by the way, and shows what real progress your business is making.

Remember too that the ads that you see on your site will be different from the ads that I see on your site so you'll have a hard time truly keeping track.

sarahk, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  10. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why dont you take out ALL MFA sites for 1 month and see how much you loose? Or maybe even gain?

TheSyndicate, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  11. ShytKicker

ShytKicker Guest

Best Answers:
    Without the MFA sites, I didn't use them a month ago, I was making 4x less. Which made a big difference for me. When I had 500 clicks I was only making $5.00 or so.

Selling the ad space is a great idea though, I will try it. Although, I have too many websites and I know I won't sell enough ad space for all of them. It would really be nice if I can be able to make a bigger filter list.

12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Too many websites, all doing well. Sounds like a dream. Put in phpAdsNew and run it via that. Then your advertisers can control where their ads go etc. Awesome!

sarahk, Nov 7, 2006 IP