1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to register LLC online in India

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by RoseConsuelo, Nov 28, 2011.

Hi

I want to register for LLC online in India , can anyone recommend me any website ?Thanks

RoseConsuelo, Nov 28, 2011 IP
  2. baronet-a

baronet-a Active Member

Best Answers:
    interesting question... hopefully some can chime some light on it.

baronet-a, Dec 5, 2011 IP
  3. pearl17

pearl17 Banned

Best Answers:
    I dont think you can register LLC in India , as in India they dont allow LLC , may be In India ,you can LLP if i am not wrong

pearl17, Dec 10, 2011 IP
  4. talk2tanveer

talk2tanveer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi
    You can register a limited liability company in India. However being a Non-resident in India you need to check whether the Indian law allows you to make direct investments or not. you will need the help of a Practising Company Secretary or a Corporate lawyer to take you through the procedures.

talk2tanveer, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  5. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Can you cite whatever law allows formation of LLC in India? When I looked, I found none.

browntwn, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  6. talk2tanveer

Best Answers:
    Yep. there is Companies Act, 1956. In India, you can form either a Private Limited Company or a Public Limited Company. The difference is that Public Ltd. Companies can invite outsiders to invest outsiders to invest in the company by making public issues. However with Pvt. Ltd. Companies there is far less govt. control and formalities to complete. I guess in US u need to attach llc. as a suffix to the companies name. In India, the company needs to attach either 'Pvt. Ltd.' or 'Public Limited' as a suffix.

Right now you need atleast 2 people to form a company. however, If the new companies act is introduced, a single person can also form a company.

There is also an option to form a LLP or limited liability partnership. Visit the link given below for more information. Hope this helps. :)

http://mca.gov.in/MCA21/RegisterNewComp.html

talk2tanveer, Dec 22, 2011 IP
  7. talk2tanveer

Best Answers:
    The difference is that Public Ltd. Companies can invite outsiders to invest in the company by making public issues.
    oops...sorry for the typo!

talk2tanveer, Dec 22, 2011 IP
  8. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I am aware of that page and those entities, none are equivalent to an LLC in the United States. In the United States, and in California, an LLC is a distinct and separate entity from a corporation. Usually with fewer reporting and technical requirements and different tax treatment. It is a quasi partnership and quasi corporation, but it is a separate entity and not just a different way to say corporation. An LLC can be formed by a single member or multiple members. I do not think there is an equivalent entity in India and that is why I was asking. Perhaps there will be something similar after the new companies act.

browntwn, Dec 22, 2011 IP
  9. talk2tanveer

Best Answers:
    I guess the concept of Limited liability partership comes close to what you have described. A LLP is a quasi partership and quasi corporation. But again...its a partnership, so you need atleast 2 people to form a LLP. Also, one of them should be resident in India. http://www.llp.gov.in/FAQ.htm

talk2tanveer, Dec 23, 2011 IP
  10. ravinder1234

ravinder1234 Peon

Best Answers:

ravinder1234, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  11. talk2tanveer

Best Answers:

talk2tanveer, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  12. talk2tanveer

Best Answers:
    Further, Copyright refers to your inherent right over some original content you have generated.

talk2tanveer, Jan 3, 2012 IP